Chapter 11 - First Heartbreak

June Wolez

Troy and his family agreed to let Michael stay with them for as long as he wanted. Camilla was right when she said there was someone who would be happy to let Michael stay, and that person was Troy's mom, Sara Brian. That woman was the epitome of kindness. She was the sweetest person I had ever met, and it was without a doubt that Troy got his nature from her.

However, once I made sure Michael was settled into Troy's house, I went back to my house and slumped on my bed.

That was when the pain of my first heartbreak started seeping out.

I buried my face in my pillow and broke down into sobs.

I heard my phone ringing, but I wasn't in any condition to receive it, so I let it go to voicemail. Ten minutes later, the caller appeared at my door.

"God, girl, are you okay?" I heard Ella exclaim as she ran to my side.

I pushed myself up and threw myself into her arms as I cried loudly.

Ella patted my back and kept mumbling vain assurances to me.

She was the closest friend I ever had. I always told her everything. She was like my sister. That's why I told her everything that happened with Michael, and she patiently listened to me. I felt a lot lighter after that.

"He was my strongest contender for my soulmate, and look at my fate," I said, chuckling bitterly while wiping my tears. "I don't think I will ever find my soulmate."

"Hey, maybe Michael's not your soulmate, but your real soulmate is still out there. Maybe you are just not recognizing that person. Don't lose hope for that reason," Ella assured me.

"When will I find him? After what happened with Mike, I don't want to assume that Methane could like me, and Troy has me totally confused."

She arched an eyebrow and asked, "Wait, those are some new things I'm hearing. What's the tea behind Methane and Troy now, huh?"

Right, I hadn't told her yet.

I patted her hand and said, "Bestie, this is going to be a long night."

She grinned and said, "Good thing I came prepared for a slumber party, huh?"

I grinned as well. "Maybe a slumber party is what I need to get over my first heartbreak."

###

Ella and I spent the entire night talking, and the next morning, we slept until Camilla woke us up for brunch. She had to go to work on Sunday as well, which she usually didn't, but she took time off work due to me for the last two days, so she was going to make up for it.

Ella and I lounged on the couch in the living room and binged a few comedy movies. I put my phone away to not be distracted by the texts from others who were nagging me about my crush on Michael.

Somewhere along the movie, I got a little bored and took Ella's phone with her permission. I entered her Connected app out of curiosity and saw that she had three more years to find her soulmate.

I pouted and complained, "Why do you have three years to find your soulmate and I barely have one month?"

She sighed and sat up from her lying position and replied, "I don't know if what the app says is real or not, Junes, but I never heard them giving someone just a month."

I frowned. "Is this app even giving the right information? It's because of this I got my hopes up with Michael." I had been meaning to ask Ella about its authenticity, and now seemed like a good time.