Chapter 20 - Blocked

June Wolez

I got home around dinner time from my all-day Sunday date with Methane. I spent the night at Ella's place and told her everything about the update on Methane and my relationship, then I got dressed up in one of Ella's cute dresses and went on my date with Methane that he had planned for me. It was an amusement park date, and I had a blast.

But at the same time, I felt a little sad when I saw Neil, Violet, Ella, Carol, and Anna's pictures on the beach. Even though Ella said she would hang out with Carol and Anna, she ended up joining Neil and Violet with Carol and Anna.

I consoled myself with the fact that I had a lot of fun myself. I couldn't be having both at the same time. Something had to be sacrificed.

When I was taking my shoes off at the entryway, I noticed two pairs of unfamiliar shoes and a familiar pair of red and black Nike sneakers.

A huge grin formed on my face as I ran inside.

"Oh, my God, Troy! You are back!" I exclaimed as I saw a blonde boy and his father talking to my aunt.

Troy turned his head toward me, and my heart skipped a beat at the sight of his handsome face. I instantly slapped myself internally.

Remember you have a boyfriend, June!

I composed myself and went to hug him, but as he returned the hug, it lacked the warmth he always emitted. He smiled at me tightly and said, "Hi, June. How have you been?"

"I have been great. What about you?"

"Good." He turned away from me and got up from the couch to go to the kitchen with Camilla.

I sat there confused at Troy's behavior. Why was he acting strange to me? Was he mad at me about something?

I was about to follow him when Sara came out of the washroom and clamored, "Oh, June! How are you, sweetheart?"

Sara and Taylor engaged me in a conversation about their trip to Montrose, only talking about the touring part, excluding anything related to Kyle's trial.

Apparently, my aunt invited the entire Brian family for dinner tonight as they had just got back a couple of hours ago from their trip.

I didn't get a chance to talk to Troy once as he was helping out Camilla in the kitchen. I loved his considerate and kind nature. Whenever his family came over for dinner or when Camilla and I went to their place, he always helped in the kitchen. He was a really sweet person. He never acted rudely with anyone. That's why I couldn't figure out for the love of God why he was avoiding me.

Even at the dinner table, he sat on the chair farthest away from me.

However, after dinner, as Troy volunteered to do the dishes, I also piped in. He didn't object to it, but he didn't seem to like it, either.

We were silently washing the dishes until I couldn't take the silence anymore and decided to ask, "Why did you not call or text me again after Thursday?"

Troy stayed quiet.

"Why are you ignoring me, Troy? Have I done something wrong?" I asked, emotions seeping into my voice.

He dropped the plate he had been holding tightly on the sink a little angrily. "I'm ignoring you? Seriously, June? How can you even ask me that?"

"I... I don't understand." I was surprised at his harsh tone. What was he even talking about?

"June, I called and texted you multiple times over the last few days. Not once did you see them, let alone bother to reply."

"What?" I let out in shock. "I didn't receive anything from you."