Chapter 24 - Trampled

June Wolez

Just as I was starting to see no hope, I heard the main door burst open, and a few pairs of footsteps run inside.

I didn't dare to open my eyes because I was afraid that the footsteps weren't true, and once I opened my eyes, I would be welcomed by Methane's lustful gaze.

"Junes!" I heard Ella's booming voice, and I scolded myself. How would Ella be here? She said she was going to be at her drama rehearsal all evening. She was even grumbling all about how her partner Mist was going to make her stay back hours for some scenes.

But as the weight on top of me was lifted off, and I was engulfed in a bone-crushing hug, I realized it really was Ella.

"Els," I mumbled, hugging her back just as tightly and continued to cry, but this time out of relief.

"This is why you should've taken self-defense classes with me, you idiot," she scolded lightly, making me chuckle a little in between my tears.

"You're right, like you always are," I mumbled. "But how did you come here?"

"I rushed here immediately after I saw Methane attacking Troy in Mysteriel's Pictologs live, and God, I have never been more grateful to Mysteriel than now. It's because of her I have you safe and sound right now. Otherwise, who knows what could have happened?" she explained, and I nodded in understanding.

It made me wonder, though. The person I had bumped into earlier... was it Mysteriel?

But my thoughts were cut short when I heard Michael yell, "You bastard!"

I pulled apart from the hug to realize that Michael and Troy were the other people who came in with Ella.

"Mike, let me handle it! You will strain your injuries," Troy reasoned, holding Methane back roughly, but doing nothing to actually stop Michael.

A gasp escaped my lips as I watched Michael raining down punches on Methane. He was supposed to be resting, not doing this!

"Oh, my God, Mike, stop!" I was about to stand up and stop Michael from beating the hell out of Methane, otherwise, he would end up in the hospital again for reopening his wounds.

"Let him be. This bastard tried to rape you, Junes. For Pete's sake!" Ella exclaimed in anger. That was when the realization hit me. Anything could've happened to me if my friends didn't get here in time, and the alternative made me shudder. I would have been raped by my boyfriend.

"June, I'm really sorry. I know you texted me to get in here with the police, but the police were taking too much time, so I just—" As Troy was talking, just then a police siren was heard outside.

Four cops soon barged in and detached Methane from Michael and Troy. Someone had to hold Michael back because he was being too violent—he was the worst when he lost his temper. The other two officers handcuffed Methane immediately and dragged him out of the house.

A female officer came up to me and placed a hand on my shoulder. "Are you okay, miss?" she asked me, draping a blanket on my shoulder since my clothes were all messed up. The heat from the blanket was somewhat comforting, so I hugged it tightly around myself.

"Let's go. I need you to come with me to the police station." She held my arm to support me while we made our way out of the house. Michael had calmed down by then, so he along with Ella and Troy followed us out.

When I stepped out of the porch, my eyes fell on Methane who was staring at me with his dark, blazing gaze from inside the car. My steps faltered, but Troy and Michael were right behind me to catch me on time.