Chapter 23 - My Destroyer

June Wolez

I was walking home after school, lost in deep thoughts. Today, I felt like I needed the fresh air from walking—plus, the fact that no one was available to give me a ride home.

I was worried about Methane. His face wasn't on the video footage of Michael's assaulters, but...

I sat down on the bench near the sidewalk and buried my face in my hands. Suddenly, my notification for Mysteriel's account went off. I checked the notification and saw it flashing that 'Mysteriel is doing a live. Join now!'

Since when does Mysteriel do live videos?

I quickly opened the live chat and gasped to see two familiar boys.

"What the hell do you want from me?" Troy asked as Methane kneed him in the guts.

"Stay the hell away from my girlfriend, bastard!" Methane yelled and picked up the cricket bat from the ground. Troy took the chance to kick the back of Methane's knee and tackled him to the ground.

"What girlfriend? You're manipulating the innocent girl, you sick psycho!"

As I watched them, it didn't seem like they knew they were being recorded by Mysteriel, and oh, my God, the way they were hitting each other. My heart clenched for both of them, and to think that I was the reason behind it made my guts twitch nauseously. But why the hell was Methane hitting Troy?

Wait, wasn't this in front of Troy's house?

I gasped once again and started running toward my neighborhood as fast as I could. As I turned the corner of the road, someone in an oversized black hoodie bumped into me. The person dropped their phone, and I noticed the silver ring on their pinky finger as they picked up their phone and made a run from me.

Was that a girl? Or maybe a very slim boy? Who cares?

I shook my head and ran towards the two fighting boys.

"Methane! Troy!" I called out, and Troy stopped punching Methane in the face and looked at me. "What the hell are you guys doing?" I exclaimed.

"Your dear boyfriend just attacked me out of nowhere. I'm only defending myself, June," Troy protested, and I noticed his disheveled state with the purple bruise on his cheek and cut on his lips.

Methane's condition seemed to be the same. But when I saw the look in his eyes as he glared at Troy, I knew what I had to do at that moment.

"Let him go, Troy."

"But—" Troy tried to protest, but I was firm in my place.

"Let. Him. Go. Troy."

Troy scoffed and got up from the ground. I kneeled down and helped Methane up. "Thanks," he mumbled, clutching my hand like life support.

I noticed Troy was still standing there, so I said, "You should go back inside and take care of those wounds. I will take care of Methane."

"June—"

"Troy, just listen to me." He was looking at me angrily. "Please," I added in a pleading voice, and he huffed before stomping toward his house.

"June, he's lying. I didn't attack him," Methane said, and I nodded faintly while guiding him to my house. Leaving the main door unlocked, I led him into the living room and made him sit on the couch.

When I went to grab the first aid kit, I dropped a text to Troy.

I got back to the living room with the kit and sat beside him.