Chapter 21 - Not You

June Wolez

"Junes, I'm mad at you for not visiting me in the hospital for the last three days," Michael complained with his arms crossed once Joshua and I got him settled into the guestroom of Troy's house.

"I'm sorry, Mike. I was really busy," I told him sincerely, but he shook his head like a child.

"Hey, she at least came to your discharge," Joshua reasoned.

"Whose side are you on? Me or her?" Michael shot a small glare at his boyfriend.

"You, of course. That's why I'm saying you have to understand Junes' situation. She just got a new boyfriend; she needs to give time to him," Joshua explained.

"I don't care. She is my best friend first, later CH4's girlfriend."

"CH4?" Joshua let out in confusion.

"Methane," I answered.

"Sorry, he's a little slow in chemistry," Michael apologized with an exaggerated sigh.

"Hey!" Joshua protested.

Michael and I exchanged a glance and chuckled.

"You two are ganging up on me. I will go see what Troy is up to," Joshua complained and walked out of the room.

Even though Troy was home, he didn't come down to see us. He was completely avoiding paths with me, so I wasn't bothering him, either. If he needed space, then I would respect that.

Once the door closed after Joshua, Michael got serious and said, "Junes, I will be honest and let you know that I don't like the person you are dating."

I sighed and went to sit beside him. His injuries were mostly healed; they still slightly hurt. He would be able to join the school in a few more days. But if he was going to say shit about my boyfriend, he better have his head checked in the hospital first.

I tried to stay calm as I asked, "Why not? What's so bad about him?"

"I don't know. Maybe the fact he's so creepy and is leading you astray?" Michael let out.

"That's bullshit—"

"Junes, I may pretend to be dumb, but you know better than anyone that I am not. I notice stuff, okay? That guy is not right for you."

"Okay, fine. I want to hear your reasons," I demanded, and he took a big breath as if he was about to start a big list.

C'mon, he can't possibly have more than one silly reason. Methane's perfect—

"First of all, he has insecurity issues; he can't seem to trust you with any guys. Secondly, he takes advantage of the fact his mom is a teacher at our school by cutting classes as he pleases. Thirdly, he suggested you guys break into the security room. Yes, I understand why you had to do it, but Junes, do you have any idea what could have happened if you got caught? Fourth, he is controlling you. Ella told me yesterday how he didn't let you join their beach trip."

"How can you say all that?" I shouted, standing up. I couldn't believe Ella would snitch about Methane to Michael. "He is not controlling me!"

"He is! Troy came to see me this morning in the hospital, and I talked to him. It's freaking obvious who blocked Troy on your phone!"

Just then, the door opened, and Troy and Joshua barged in.

"What's going on here?" Troy asked, clearly concerned after hearing the commotion inside here.