14. Get Into My Head

I was right, it's been a long day. Between being around all the mini societies and meeting nearly every dragon under the dome, with some of them trying to figure why I'm wearing glasses, I've picked up a few things. One, no one has anything other than regular clothes without reason. Two, each section has one thing unique to itself, such as the medic cave, training cave, the farm, and the hobby house. Three, everyone has the same woe or furious look in their eye.

Just about everyone is tired of being experiments.

Endella and I stopped in the hobby house, which hold several tools, instruments, and other random things. After I spend a while staring at the instruments, Endella insists I try at least one. Despite my protests, I finally give in and sit in front of this giant one she calls the grand piano. I just stare between the keys and the sheet music for a while, occasionally touching a key to see how it sounds. Eventually I start pressing random keys, making my own excuse of a song.

It sounds terrible and awkward at first, but after a while it starts sounding better. By no stretch is it good music, but the few people that gathered around the door seem to like it. Even a human guard seems to be listening. Probably just to analyze what I'm doing though. "Sing me a song, you're the piano man." Endella whispers to me.

I shake my head, absolutely not. I don't sing often, but when I do, it's personal. I'm not ready to be personal in front of these people, especially the human. "Please? It's just for me." She whispers, turning my face back to her.

"Fine, only a little." I sigh. How can I say no to such a cute face? So, I close my eyes, trying to pretend I'm the only one in the room, whilst having faith that my hands will find the right keys. I start playing something slow, trying to find a subject.

Of course, I go with being human "I looked and acted and talked like you. I even convinced you that I was one of you. I thought, I have to play this stupid act, keep myself on human track. I knew you'd catch on to what I am, but I could hope it wouldn't be just yet."

I'm doing a terrible job pretending no one else is here, but I take a breath before pushing on. "I looked and acted and talked like you. I stood along and fake agreed with you, all the while I'm conspiring against you. You're trying really hard, I'll give you that, but as my heart still beats, believe me, you wont hold us for long." I slow by the end, trying to figure how to word myself right, but I think my point gets across.

A few people behind me clap, but I know it's just because of the words. That's why the human isn't clapping. I hope I scare them. "Hey, that was pretty nice. You think they can't hold you, though?" Endella raises an eyebrow, then her eyes widen as she looks behind me "Oh no."

The human comes up to me, pulling my arm. "Come with me." Is all they say. I guess I scared them too much. I'm about to move away and make a run for it, but I don't. Logically thinking, there's nowhere I can go that they can't, and it would likely just make things worse. So I let the human pull me out of the hobby house and down the glass hallway.

When we get inside and down a few halls, I can smell where we're going. The smell of fear hormones is hard to ignore. He's taking me to the Dread-monger, and I'm already terrified. By the gods, please don't put me back in the white space.

When the human guard stops by the door, he knocks, and the Dread-monger opens. The human whisper something to the Dread-monger, then walks back up the hall. Dread nods and frowns. "Come inside, young miss. We'll have you straightened out soon." He closes the door behind me.

I'm visibly trembling already, he notices "So scared already? Well, don't fret, I wont do much.". I think hes lying. "Now, I hear you briefly suggested you thought of escaping. You think you can escape this place?" My arms move to my sides against my will. I can't move them. I am physically frozen.