18. Starting to Win

Unknown POV

I can sense her in that room, so I gather my strength and rise to it. This form takes too much power but I try to ignore it as I form a skull in my hand.

I almost drop from my height when I feel a power surge; Someone is dying nearby. I see the purple light inside the room, and almost feel something I haven not felt in eleven years. Fear. I will not be too late I think, then throw the skull into the castle wall. It explodes against the wall, making it crumble inward, allowing me to float in and land on the crumpled wall.

I turn toward the cloaked man first, as he tries to run out of the room. I raise my hand slightly, and quartz points rise up from the floor in front of the door, blocking his escape. Then I raise my hand in his direction and try to pull his life essence out of his body, but, there's nothing there. He is already completely dead.

I try to figure out what, or at least why he is, but a small voice behind me whispers "Help me.". Usually I would ignore such a weak plea, but this person matters to me.

I move toward Endress quickly, undoing her bind now, because I will not be able to later. Then I put my hands on her chest, trying to gather all the life essence I gathered on my way here, and pass it into her.

It is not enough to heal her, but it does pull her out of the hands of death. "I am sorry, I cannot help you anymore just yet." I say quietly, then turn back to the cloaked man. He is responsible for this.

Knowing he can not escape me, he holds his sword in front of me defensively. Instead of drawing any weapon, I move toward him I form a Nether portal beside him and grab him by the shoulders, growling "He may have spared you once, but He will not gain. Do not think yourself a God, especially in the presence of us."

He quakes in fear under my hands, as he knows I am going to doom him to a fate worse than dying a second time.

We are not merciful I remind myself, then push the man through the portal. I know the White Eyed One can do more to him than I can imagine. He's already done so much to me.

Shrugging off my woe of the life I'll never have, I turn back to Endress. I think she had passed out from blood loss. I look into the hall just as someone walks past. They freeze, staring at me as I raise my arm and pull their life force out of them. They drop to the floor, no longer moving. I hold the life force in my hands as a swirling white ball, then walk back in front of Endress quickly.

I push the life force into her body and put all of my energy into healing her. Then I black out.

Endress POV

Slowly, I start coming to and waking up. What I expect, is gray land around me and a dark void sky above. What I see when I finally open my eyes, is definitely not that. I am not in The Valley.

Shouldn't I be dead? I.. I remember being killed. I felt it. Maybe I rehatched, simply having a pause death? But I don't remember being in my egg. Did I really die? There was the light.

I try to sit up, but a headache swirls in instantly, making everything blurry. Someone pushes me back down, gently, but I freak out and push their arm away, scooting to the quickly.

"Miss, you're hurt, please calm down!" Someone shouts.

Despite rational though, I try to make myself threatening. I snarl t the people I can hardly see. Adrenaline kicks in and the headache fades enough, so I can move. I move out of my lying position, pressing myself into the wall behind me, trying to ignore the pain breathing brings.

People move toward me, so I blow out sparks of fire as warning shots. Even if I haven't died yet, I'm not going to let these humans kill me now.

The step back, obviously not wanting to get torched "Miss, we're trying to help you. You're bleeding again!". I look down at my chest; It is bleeding, badly.