Chapter two - Darren

It was wrong to do what i did. I am fully aware of what i was doing the whole time i was feeding on those poor human beings. I saw it in their eyes, what i was. What i was doing to them. I have now destroyed my relatinship with Amber, and i have ruined three more lives that i took while conscious. I knew it would kill them, i knew i wouldn't be able to stop myself. I knew she would sooner or later find out about my horrible action. I am ashamed. I have been here, in the cottage, hiding from everyone since that morning. I haven't seen anyone. I haven't even been picking up the phone when my own mother calls me. I don't have the nerve to tell my own mother about what i did. I know it would break her heart, just like it broke Ambers. And today is the first time in a long, very long time, that i'm stepping out into the open to tell her my thoughts around this whole situation i have created. Or, i should say the permanent mess. But, even i can't see the truth.

I take myself out of the cottage, breathing this fresh air in a very long time, months probbably. I can instantly feel the hunger return from the dept of my throat. i can't do this, i need to feed before going to her, telling her whatever i need to, just so she knows it was a mistake, not a choice.

I step into the deep forest, picking up a lot of different odors around me. And whatever comes to me first, im taking it down. I can smell it, a deer, not far from me, 100 feet or so. I slowly beging my hunting process.

And sinking my fangs into something so good, i haven't tasted anythting like it for a while. It's much like testing a new drug of some sort. Crazy how the world works.

It takes me some time to clean up after feeding, that deer made my eyes burn like fire. My mouth feels like iv'e just gotten water for the first time in years, my heart is pumping harder, my head is clearer. I know she won't trust me after what i did, but i just need her to understand that it was a mistake, that's all. For now. If she believes i should get another chance, i'll take it without even hesitating.

And so, i get into my car, pulling out of the driveway, and i'm on my way to see her after months. It's going to be tense, i know it for a fact that it will be. But it's a step closer to where i want this to go.