Chapter nineteen - Amber

"Well look who it is..." Zedd comes around, i give him a angry look before taking the seat beside Darren before he even has the chance to react.

"Look, we need to talk, and it's not about our life crisis...it's more about my shape shifter thing.."

He knots his hands together, opening them, knotting them again. Over and over. Until he looks up at me with a serious face.

"What's wrong?"

"I haven't felt her since a very long time ago, i'm just worried about if she's gone or not..."

"So you don't feel her inside of you?"

"No, not like i used to no..."

"Well shit...looks like another trip is about to happen..."

"To where?"

"The creepy old lady, for sure." Zedd points out of nowhere. Darren cracks up a bit, grinning like a fool.

"She's not creepy, why does everyone say that?!" he makes a big gesture with his arms. His face is enlightened by wonder. And so am i.

Sure i think she's creepy and all of that, but at least i have met her in real life. I can guarantee that Zedd never ha, not even once in his lifetime. So i'm not veru surpprised either that he thinks that way, i mean she's old, she lives in a mansion by herself and practice dark magic and all of that stuff. No wonder he dosen't like her like Darren does.

"When are we going?"

"When is your last class?" he lights up once again when he looks at me, i'm so lost. Help.

"Uhm, In thirteen minutes..."

"Great, i'll pick you up after the lesson, don't be late." and he walks away. Not even saying bye. Rude.

"So, you two are dating again huuuh?" Zedd tries to get it comfirmed. Noot a chance.

"Dude, ask him, not me." and i leave him just as empty as he came.

My last class is math, why would they put the most boring class of them all LAST OF THE DAMN DAY?! Geez...

Our teacher is apperently sick so we get to study in our rooms tonight. Darren shows up even later by my door to pick me up, just like he said he would. I begin to think wer'e getting back on it but his face dosen't say so.

"Let's go..." He takes my jacket from me, carries it out to his Black BWM standing in the parking lot, far away from any other car there.

"ma beauté" he says in a very gentle way when he opens the cardoor for me and i hopp in.

"Since when did you know France?" A very playful smile is on his lips when he dosen't answer my question, just that makes me think he is trying to get us together himself. Well, i can dream, can't i?

"So, i have called her and she's home, so no worries." The speed of the car is pulling me further into the carseat then it had to.

"Okay..." i mumble, trying to hold my head steady. I don't want to fall out of his car, i don't need more problems. But this car is so strong that my cheeks are blowing away.  I can tell he thinks it's entertaining. For fuck sake....

When he finally pulls up to the big gate, telling the lady that wer'e here, and it opens up like to some sort of heaven or something, i still can't get over how pretty it is here. And i'm also jealous of her, she's like 78 or somethiing and this is her house, no, i don't accept that. I need a house like this. She can live in a trailer or a tent, that's fine with me.

Darren gives me a look that tells me he hear my every word i just thought of, shit.

"Be nice." he advices me. I nod, notletting the thought go even though he just told me to do so. I like that thought.

The lady opens the door before we even can reach the stairs up to it.

"Darren, Amber, how lovley to see you again!" she id filled with joy. Wow.

"How was your trip?"

I don't say anything, Darren has to speak for me.

"Amber thinks my driving is terrible, i disagree to that, so yeah that's about it, we had a good moment overall i guess."

"Oh darling, little speed never killed a hybrid."

"I know, but the fact that he drove so fast that my head got buried inside of the seat, is not good."

"Alright love, clam down, let's get some hot tea before we dig deeper into this prblem..." She leads me to the livingroom, i remember this place very well from the last time i was here, only i wasn't paying attention to the decoration back then. Now i can see the aintings on the wall, the lighning is different, the flowers are blooming high and the smell is like a jungle. It feels like home.

She puts a teacup in front of me before settling down on the other side of the table, Darren went elsewhere. I guess he dosen't want ot hear this.

"So darling, tell me, what's going on?" I swallow hard.

"You know Rose, she's been around, but latley i haven't felt her, not like i used to feel her inside of me, it's like she's plotting something..and it scares me...and then theese sleepless nights, full of crying and helplessness is overwhelming me..."

"Oh baby girl, don't you worrie. I will find something to fix this up.." she stannds up from her chair, walks over to one of the shlfs on the wall, searching around for abuot ten second before finding what could possible help me.

"Here we go...this book, it says alot of shape shifters moodswings, their nature is anger, so i would guess that shhe most likley are building up for a rage or something..."

"But why?"

"I don't know, perhapps she is upset about your lifechoices." she glaces at Darren in the hallway behind us. "I think you know what to do." she gives me a smile beofre walking away and into the kitchen to leave our cups.

"Well, young lady, you have nothing to worry about, clearing and practice, peace and understanding is all you need." i give her a warm hug before Darren gives his.

"Oh, and thank you for the tea, it was delicious!" she cracks another smile before the door closes behind us and wer'e going back to the school.