Chapter 26

Chapter 26

It was already 5 and the bleachers would soon be even more packed.

JV cheer was hyping up the crowd while the JV players dominated the game. It was nostalgic and sad to say the least; that the season was almost over.

As promised, Bradly was on my hip, shying his face away from the strangers that wanted to introduce themselves. 

Bradley on the other hand had been dragging Grayson ever since we arrived, pulling him back and forth with the endless energy he had harbored from the nap on the ride here.

"Gray! Gray! Are you going to be playing today?" Lincoln inquired, looking up at Grayson with his doe-like eyes.

"Yea little buddy, watch me okay?" Gray assured, pointing out where he would be standing, "I'll run out of the tunnel and remember if you find #1 on the field that's me." 

The two of us made our way to the end of the bleachers, the railing and track separating us from the field.

"Aight thanks for keeping Lincoln entertained, I got these two, go warm up and I'll catch up later," I told him, urging him to go with the rest of the team that was staring our way before hugging him.

"Christensen! Leave the wife and life behind and get on the field!" Travis yelled, earning a couple of snickers and fist bumps from the team.

Gray rolled his eyes and discreetly flipped them off before hopping the railing and heading to the other side of the field.

As he left, I grabbed ahold of Lincoln's hand so he wouldn't run off somewhere before I was tapped on the shoulder and met by an elderly couple.

"I just wanted to say how it's adorable how you and your boyfriend are raising two young kids at such a young age." The woman tells me, bending down to pat Lincoln's head, "Most kids your age wouldn't have been able to handle the responsibility of kids yet, but y'all look like you're doing just fine."

They gush over Lincoln and Bradley and before I have time to tell them otherwise, they left.

By the time I had checked my phone once more, it had already been 6:15 with the Varsity game starting at 7.

I had dropped the boys off with Asher, the assistant coach, and a close friend of my father and the rest of the team,  both cheer, and football.

The locker room was packed with gossip, everyone was excited about the scouts being present. It wasn't just for football, a few select of the girls would get chosen as well to be offered scholarships, something that didn't happen very often.

Just as I finished changing, Denni and Hailey approached me, most likely about to dish the newest rumors.

"Wow, dating Christensen huh?" Hailey teased playfully, prodding for more information, "I never got the chance to ask about it! That's so crazy!"

"Yup," I shrugged, "It just ended up like that somehow."

It wasn't news to anyone that I haven't had a serious relationship in a while. Talking stages here and there but nothing this serious.

"Surprisingly, I'm not jealous, y'all deserve each other," Hailey admitted, smiling for me. Denni nodded in agreement, despite the two gushing over him back in our junior year.

I didn't bother doting over his past relationships, it wasn't going to do anything now after all. 

I thanked them and they walked off, talking more about the new PE teacher that was apparently 'surprisingly young and hot'. Something didn't sit well at the thought of them wanting to go after a faculty member none the less. At Clearwater, seniors and juniors don't have to take physical education, making it a rumor that circulated up from the lower classmen.