Chapter 37 | Trust Can Hurt

Sorry for updating late once again!

This chapter was honestly kind of hard to write and it hurt reading it.

Relationships have their ups and downs but at times it's worth taking a risk.

Remember that.

Anyways, onto my shitty explanation as to why my chapter is up late.

I'm currently traveling in LA, filming and vlogging the whole thing.

So editing is a pain in the ass.

I have a shit ton of homework because it's spring break as well :(

Now then.

Just read.

You don't wanna listen to my bs :D

Remember to vote, comment, follow, and share!

-Anne

•••

Chapter 37 | Trust Can Hurt

The drive home was nothing but peaceful.

Silenced was welcomed and held the secrets of last night.

"I can't believe the school year is almost over." I breathed out, still looking at the freeway.

"Neither can I, this has been my favorite year though." He told me, smiling to himself.

I held his hand tighter and turned to him.

I will never get over how ridiculously good looking his side profile is.

My phone dinged and I reached to grab it, not knowing any who would even bother to text me during the weekend.

Hailey: Tell your boyfriend that my dad secured him a spot on the team permanently.

My eyebrows furrowed at the message.

Lana: ?

Confused was the first thought that ran through my mind, how did she know he got a spot on the team before I did?

Hailey: What can I say? A night in return for a scholarship was a good deal.

At that moment, my heart sunk. Deep down, I knew Gray wouldn't do anything like this.

Would he?

But jumping to conclusions was the last thing I wanted to do when one of the best nights I'd ever spent was still newly fresh in out minds.

"Who was it?" Gray questioned, taking a glance to my phone.

"Just Hailey. I think she's trying to make me laugh because she just told me y'all slept together." I let out, chuckling nervously.

He tensed.

"Yea, crazy right. Tell her to take a chill pill." Grayson laughed and tried to turn his attention back onto the road.

"Gray?" My voice squeaked out. The last thing I wanted to do but seem vulnerable but he seemed so off.

He stayed silent, still focused on the road.