PART 1 - Leaving

Description: My name is Melody, Melody Marais and I are the sister of Jonah Marais who has just moved to LA with his newly formed band Why Don't We. I have long blonde hair and wasn't let's say, popular in school.
-
-
-
It was time for him to leave. My brother Jonah had just put his bags in the car to fly to LA with his band. He was saying his goodbyes to my parents and siblings until he got to me. When he spoke to me he used his nickname for me that we have used since us two had first become close which was when I was 6 and Jonah was 8. Now he's 19 and I'm 17 and we still use the same nicknames. We both became a duo like thing which was simply just Mel & Jo. But now he was leaving...

Tears were streaming down my face, I didn't want him to leave, he was the only one who cared for me when I was being bullied at school. He would stand up for me even in front of my parents. Not only was I least liked in school, my parents despised me massively.
Everyday they would try and beat me and get me out of the house but Jonah always stopped them. Now that he's going what am I going to do...

Jonah: Hey, Mel, you'll be fine. I'm sorry I have to leave but I have left a surprise under your pillow, when I go make sure no one is around and be quiet but look at the surprise and text me when you have :)
Melody: You can't leave me Jo your all I have *you began to cry harder* what am I going to do when I'm being bullied at school and when mom tries to beat me..
Jonah: hey, hey Mel it will be fine only a few weeks and you won't have to deal with it anymore
Melody: huh? What do you mean?
Jonah: your surprise, but I've got to go before I miss my flight
Melody: o-ok Jo.. I'll miss you so much
Jonah: I'll miss you too Mel, I love you
Melody: I love you too

Jonah got in the car and drove away, I was questioning what he meant by "only a few more weeks and I won't have to put up with it" so I went and checked my surprise as that's where he said I'll find out...

I stepped in the door and ran upstairs as fast as I could. Into my room and on my bed, I lifted my pillow to see an envelope. On it it said Mel, my favourite sis ❤️. That nearly made me cry but when I opened it the first thing I saw was a ticket to LA. I thought that Jonah must've accidentally slipped it in until I read the letter he wrote. It was so long and I was going to read it all.
The letter read:

Hey Mel,
I'm sorry I had to go I'll really miss you. I understand that I meant most to you and that it's probably not best for me to leave but I want to live my dream. I'm really sorry but it made me think.
I've always known you can sing and wanted to be a musician but you were too scared to tell anyone other than me. I thought that since I love you so much I would but you a ticket to LA with me after you finish school for the holidays.
I really miss you already and I haven't even been gone for a few hours but when I'm leaving someone who was so close to me forever every minute feels like an eternity. I can't wait for you to come back to me, I love you.
I haven't told mom about this and neither can you, if she finds out your leaving she'll do anything to stop you, maybe even hurt you, worse than she's tried before. To do this you must pack your bags and slowly filling them in your car over the next few weeks and on the day of the flight you will have to get up very early and leave in silence.
I'm really excited to see you and when writing this I cried, I cried for the first time ever. You make me so happy when I'm with you and now I'm going to leave you for a few weeks, I really want you back just as much as you want me to protect you. For these next few weeks you have to stand strong and fight through it, I promise positive thinking will make it easier. Well that's all I can write or I'll get caught writing this and the envelope won't close aha but I love you and can't wait to see you again :)
Lots of love from Jo x

I could've flooded my room with all the tears gushing out of my eyes. I couldn't believe what I had just read and we're happier than ever.
Just as Jonah said I picked up my phone and texted him

Mel❣️: Hey Jo! I got your surprise, your kidding right??!! x
Jo❣️: No Mel! I love you and would miss you too much to not bring you here! x
Mel❣️: I literally have soaked my pillow Jo! I love you too and I can't wait to see you again but what am I going to do at school, everyone hates me! x
Jo❣️: What did I tell you in the letter Mel? Think positive and it will get easier x
Mel❣️: It's hard to think positive when the only thing I'm walking into is hatred x
Jo❣️: Mel you can do this, I believe in you x
Mel❣️: Thanks Jo x
Jo❣️: I have to go now Mel I'm boarding my plane x
Mel❣️: Ok Jo, I love you x
Jo❣️: I love you too x

After my conversation with Jonah I went to sleep and dreamt about all the Jonah & Melody special moments.