Part 44 - Unexpected

(Melody's P.O.V)

I woke up to Corbyn lightly shaking me.

Corbyn: hey babe, yesterday you fell asleep before I could tell you this, but you need to get up, you have a doctors appointment.
Melody: few more minutes?
Corbyn: I'll run you a shower and get you some clothes ready but only a few.

(Corbyns P.O.V)

I picked out some clothes for melody and ran her a shower then woke her up to shower.

The appointment she had today, I actually booked last night, I knew something wasn't right with her. It wasn't like this when she was pregnant with Ariel so I had to see what was going on.

I was just sitting on my bed waiting for melody when I heard a bang from the bathroom.

Corbyn: Melody?
Melody: Corbyn, help!

I opened the door to see melody laying on the floor wrapped in a towel.

Corbyn: Hey, What happened?

I carefully sat her up, pulling her to my chest.

Melody: I think somethings wrong, I feel really dizzy and my stomach hurts so much.
Corbyn: here, I'll help you get dressed, then we'll get you checked out, I knew something g wasn't right which is why I booked the appointment.
Melody: I don't think I can stand up.

I didn't hesitate to pick melody up and carry her to my bed placing her down, I then helped her get dressed.

~Later at the appointment~

Melody was laying on the bed getting an ultrasound, I held her hand and watched the screen.

I looked at the doctor who had a confused look on her face. Which slowly turned to a sad one. She turned to her notes and wrote something down.

Doctor: so I have some good and bad news.

I looked at melody who turned to the doctor.

Melody: can we hear the good news first?
Doctor: the good news is that I know why you have been hurting.
Corbyn: and the bad news?
Doctor: you have symptoms of a miscarriage.
Corbyn: That was unexpected.

Me and melody looked at each other. I couldn't believe it.

Corbyn: when, when will she stop hurting?
Doctor: in a few days, the body's still adjusting from the miscarriage, she'll have to rest, drink lots of water and eat a healthy diet for the next few days.

Me and melody said no more, we nodded at the doctor and left.

~Back at home~

We arrived home and I carried melody indoors up to my room.

Corbyn: Do you want anything?

Melody just shook her head at me and got under the covers, I stood by the door watching as she closed her eyes, falling asleep.

I walked downstairs and sat on the couch, head in my hands. I sighed, starting to tear up unknowingly.

Daniel: Hey, are you alright bro?
Corbyn: Yeah, I just found out why Melody's been feeling pain.
Jonah: Is my sister alright?
Corbyn: She's has a miscarriage.

Everyone just sat in shock at a sat up and felt a few more tears creep down my face.

Niamh: Jonah. Can I talk to you?

Jonah and Niamh left the room and jack and Zach came and sat next to me.

Daniel: is melody upstairs?
Corbyn: Yeah, she's trying to sleep.
Daniel: Ok, is it ok if I just go and pop in?
Corbyn: if she's awake.

Daniel left the room and jack and Zach comforted me as all I could think about was how Ariel would be a big sister. How there could've been a little me running around.

(Jonah's P.O.V)

Niamh pulled me out of the room into the backyard and told me to sit down.

Niamh: Look Jonah, this isn't the best time to tell you because of all the stuff going on with melody but you have to know. I understand if you don't want to keep it.
Jonah: Niamh, I want to keep it, I know you're pregnant. I saw the pregnancy test.
Niamh: Jonah, I-
Jonah: Niamh I love you. I want to start a little family with you.

(Daniels P.O.V)

I left the room and went upstairs to Corbyn and Melody's room. I politely knocked on the door and heard melody groan come in.

Daniel: Hey, Sorry if I woke you.
Melody: No it's fine, I'm struggling to rest.
Daniel: I need to talk to you.
Melody: About what?

I sat on the end of the bed looking melody straight in the eye.

Daniel: I need you to help me surprise Corbyn. He's really upset and your anniversary is coming up.
Melody: Wow you remember that?
Daniel: Yeah, I wanted to throw you and Corbyn a massive surprise party but with the news I needed your help to make it extra special.
Melody: How?
Daniel: I was talking to Corbyns mom and she was explaining that Corbyns nan had finished her cancer treatment because she had had cancer and Corbyn was very worried. Him and his nan are really close and he doesn't know that she's finished treatment so I need your help flying her out here.
Melody: That would be amazing.

I smiled at melody and stood up to leave.

Melody: Daniel.
Daniel: yeah?
Melody: Thank you.
Daniel: for what?
Melody: Everything, for looking out for me and always caring for everyone.

I just smiled at her and left the room.
Corbyn got really lucky and I'm so glad to call her my best friend, my kind of sister in law.