Eight (Cuts)

I worked out all day yesterday. I was so angry.

When I walked in to breakfast Juniper, Yarrow and Echo  all ran over and hugged me.

"We were worried sick about you and nobody knew where you were." Yarrow said

"I knew exactly where she was." Echo said slickly.

"They make cuts today. " Juniper said

"I know and I'm gonna figure this out." I said

"You're almost at the bottom in ranks." Yarrow said

"I'll figure it out." I said sternly.

When I got to the gym I saw Tristan and his face looked worse than mine.

"He looks worse and worse each day." Yarrow said

Yarrow walked over to somebody who's name I forgot and Nova came and stood next to me.

"I know how you can make cuts." She said without looking at me.

"What?" I said

"You have to fight Sword." She said

"Fine but one fight isn't gonna keep me from being cut." I said

"I know that. You have to challenge the whole group. Five point matches with bets." She said

"You want me to fight twenty seven people?" I said

"Twenty nine." She corrected

"I'm not fighting Juniper and Yarrow. " I said

"Whatever just challenge everybody. "She said and walked away.

Ryker and the Pure Breeds came in to watch us fight first and go after us.

"Today is the day that determines if you stay or go. The Selectives go before The Breeds. No mercy." She said and walked away.

"Cuts are made after lunch.Immediately after the boards are displayed if you didn't make it you get  sent off." Ryker said

"Katana has done a bet match challenge of the entire Selectives. " Nova said

Everybody gasped and Ryker raised his eyebrow at me.

"Who do you challenge first?" Ryker asked smirking.

"Tap me out for Yarrow and Juniper." I told Nova and she tapped her clipboard.

"Not this bullshit again." Ryker said

"Tristan I challenge you first. Then after that everybody that was there." I said staring him dead in the eyes.

We both got on the mat and he backed away from me.

I stretched trying to loosen the pain a little from my back.

After everybody placed there bets and I looked to see that only Yarrow and Juniper bet on me.

I ran up on him and he swung and missed. I caught him in the face twice and kicked him in the ribs.

He groaned and stepped back trying to regain himself. He came back again and I kicked him in the face. Blood spewed out of his nose.

When he got back up it was pouring down his shirt.

I punched him again and kicked his knees and he fell to the ground.

"Get up." I said

He wouldn't move so I jumped onto his rib cage and felt the bones crack under me. He screamed in pain and just before I could to the same to his head Ryker grabbed me.