Twenty Eight (Confession)

"I watched the video of the fight. Ryker I'm sentencing you to two days in hell. You stabbed her with a python. You know that's strict outside use." Caspian said

Ryker chewed his lip and nodded his head.

"Now the reason I asked them to leave was because I have another mission." He said looking for the papers.

"I think you threw them at me." I said looking down.

He looked at Ryker and motioned towards the floor. Nova looked at him shocked.

"Nova you can't go because of your previous injuries. And well Katana can't go for obvious reasons." He said looking at my leg.

Ryker looked up surprised as he held the papers.

"You're sending me?" He asked

"Yes but you have to pick two members from both of their teams. Yours is too....radical." He said

He tapped his chin and smirked.

"K.O. And Taw. Nova surprise me for yours." He said

"You can't take K.O. she's my hand in training." I said

He laughed and looked at me.

"If it was your hand you could reject. But she's in training. Meaning she's free." He said

Caspian nodded his head and signed off on it.

He dismissed us out of his office and when we got in the hallway I pinned Ryker to the wall with my crutch.

"If you do anything to her I will make sure you die slowly." I said

Nova pulled me off of him and made me walk away.

THREE DAYS LATER

Today is the day that Ryker returns along with K.O..

I decided to keep Pocha until K.O. came back so that meant three days of sleepovers with Fallon.

Omoni text me when they landed so we could meet her as soon as she got off the plane. The three of us ran down the hall towards the boarding docks.

We stood inside and watched them come off the plane but K.O. never came off.

They walked inside and set down a stretcher with a tarp over it.

I looked at Ryker confused and he bit his cheek and looked down.

The breath left out of me as I looked back down to what I now knew was K.O.'s dead body.  I fell down to my knees and fought back my tears as he pulled back the tarp.

I heard Pocha scream and start crying.

"I'm sorry Katana." He said

I closed my eyes and licked my lips letting out shallow breaths. I pulled Pocha into me and held her rocking her as she cried.

Just then I heard a thud. 

I looked up slightly and saw Caspian standing in front of Ryker angrily.

"You didn't report her dead." He said

"I didn't remember to." Ryker said

Caspian punched him again making him fall. He grabbed him by his hair and yanked him onto his knees.

"Look at them." Caspian said turning him towards Pocha and I.

I looked him in the eyes slowly and felt a tear roll down my cheek.

"I will kill you." I said

Caspian had Ryker and the team escorted out. As they were leaving Taw looked at me.