Twenty Seven (Terms)

I wiped the drool off my cheek and peeled my eyes open.

I sat up in the bed and looked around realizing I was in my apartment.

"My timing is amazing." Nina said sitting on the other side of my bed.

I looked at her and moaned.

"I just came to give you painkillers to take for the next three days. The pain should be ok by then." She said

I reached over and grabbed the bag from her. I looked down at my body and realized I didn't have any bruises and bandages like usual.

"What's hurt on me?" I asked

She ripped the comforter off of me revealing my gauze wrapped thigh. I looked at my leg stunned and tried to rememeber what happened.

"You won't feel it for another thirty minutes but with the tearing I suggest you don't try to find out how bad the pain is." She said

"Tearing?" I asked

She threw a plastic bag with a knife in it at me.

"Its called a python. Ryker stabbed you with it which was bad enough as it was but you fell making it go deeper." She said

I picked it up and took the knife out of the bag.

"It's a specialty. See the teeth on the sides of the blade. They're angled to where the person bleeds out within a few minutes of removal. It rips out chunks of meat. Bloody mess." She said and stood up getting her things together.

"I would've died." I said softly.

She looked at me confused.

"What was that?" She said

I looked down at the knife and shook my head.

"Well I have to get back now but Nova will be here in a few minutes." She said and walked out.

I grabbed the crutches on the side of the bed and hobbled to the kitchen. By the time I filled my glass up with water and took my pill Nova burst into my apartment.

She ran over to me and crushed me into a hug. I pushed her away and stood back.

"How did you know?" I asked dryly.

"What?" She asked

I chuckled and drank some water.

"How did you know not to take the blade out?" I asked

She clenched her jaw and rolled her eyes.

"I can't even get a thank you for having your back. No you think I set you up is that it? We both got those blades when we were named leaders."She said

I looked down and chewed my lip.

"Thank you. I'd be dead without you." I said low.

"Just don't hit my girlfriend again." She said and started cleaning up.

I rolled my eyes as K.O. walked into my apartment. They locked eyes and I hopped over to them shaking my head.

K.O. pulled me into a hug and kissed my cheek.

"Why didn't you let me come with you?" She asked low.

"Because you would've killed them." I said

Nova laughed and shook her head as she cleaned.

"What's the joke bitch?" K.O. said

"The problem with your pussy ass is that you let her tell you what the fuck to do. Leader or not if you care about her you wouldn't leave her problematic ass to do shit by herself. The other problem is your partner is jealous of your new girl so she ran to me thinking it'd make you both jealous. I'm not going to take good care of her either." She said and headed to my bedroom.