Twenty Five (Trade Date)

When I woke up Fallon was smothering me. I laughed and pushed him off letting him sleep.

Once I was done brushing my teeth I ran my hand over his head.

"Time to wake up bud you have class." I said

He groaned and rolled over.

"Can you call me in sick?" He asked

"No for two reasons. One today is the Trade Date so I have to go and two if you're sick in my care that'll look like I'm a bad mentor because you were perfectly fine when we left. Up." I said yanking the covers off of him.

He rolled out of bed and walked to the bathroom.

I went to the kitchen to cook him breakfast and Nova was sitting on my counter playing with a knife.

I took a deep breath and cleared my throat.

"You're selfish. You know that?" She said pointing the knife at me.

"So I've been told but I never see it." I said

I walked into the kitchen and stood across from her.

She looked down and started laughing.

"Now isn't a good time for this Nova." I said

"Why?" She asked as Fallon walked in.

He stopped in his tracks and looked between us.

"Do I need to go get Kally?" He asked

"No. It's fine Fallon just go watch tv." I said

Nova slammed the knife down and grinned at me.

"So you're on a real name basis with the bitch now?" She said staring me in the eyes.

I licked my lips and sighed.

"Nova I don't know what the hell has gotten into you but you're acting fucking insane." I said shaking.

"What's gotten into me? No fuck that you're the one that's changed. I saved you." She said

I scoffed and grabbed my waist.

"How quickly we forget. I stood half naked in front of everybody defending you. I didn't ask you for help. I got shot at protecting you. Fucking bastard you beat me. But you wanna come in here acting like you're fucking super man." I said in disbelief.

She looked down at her feet and flexed her nose.

"That's what I thought." I said

I turned around and got two bowls from the cabinet.

"Just leave Nova. I have a very busy day and I don't have time for this." I said as I got cereal off the fridge.

She grabbed me by my waist and ran her hand down my arm making me drop the cereal. I took a deep breath and tried to distract myself.

"You know that I love you." She said

"Go." I said and yanked away from her walking to the living room.

When I walked back to the kitchen with Fallon she nodded her head and left.

"So I'm gonna assume I'm not supposed to tell K.O." He said as I poured him a bowl of cereal.

I shrugged my shoulders and poured my bowl.

"Eat so you aren't late." I said

Once we were done I took him to class and went to meet up with Echo.

When I went to talk to him he started going other places and I realized he was avoiding me.

I decided to look past it and go ahead to my meeting with Caspian.