6. Charlie Roberts (Big City Hero)

Hey guys, remember me? I'm your talking trash can! Wait what's with all this magnets guys? Wait, wait! My can is made from metal! AAAAAH! Millions of magnets fly at me.

While I try to make my way out of the sea of magnets, I recommend you keep all Charlies always by your side while I clean this up. I DON'T CARE IF YOU'RE A PERFECTLY NORMAL HUMAN, I RECOMMEND EVERYONE NAMED CHARLIE TO KEEP A GOOD DISTANCE! Now that we made sure all of you are safe, get ready for this twist. My name is Charlie. Not really. Our boy Charlie has a whole lot of powers, only one though makes no sense for me; how is he able to copy other powers almost instantly and only use it for limited times? This means that he is creating a lot of organs so fast and those organs die out as fast, causing so much pain and hunger. This alone can make him never need to lose weight more than the fact that they only need to grow muscles then body structure is not a problem anymore. All the energy and nutrition is almost gone and has almost no source of energy other than food! Other than that I'm good with the rest of his powers.

Yet there is the main power he has, magnetism. Which I will use the concept of for his flight ability later. Rapid healing is just his tissue repair ability enhanced than normal humans, and any super sense or strength he has is just enhanced. I know I'm using the easy explanation, but if you think about it that's about it, and no I'm not going through the biology of that. I'm a theorist, not a scientist.

So what is a magnet? Well it's a material that can attract iron, cobalt, steel and any magnetic substance. There are permanent ones and electromagnets that can be turned on or off. Permanent are mostly made from steel and a strong electrical charge, while electromagnets usually use iron and no matter how much electricity you put it's not permanent. The electromagnet's power increases the more charge you put, and depending on the flow of the electricity through the metal part then the end where the electricity is going towards is equivalent to the south part of a magnet while the one it has the direction opposite to the electricity flow is the north part.

I found that the most logical answer is that Charlie uses a thin flexible layer of iron under his skin, that have nerves sending electrical signals that move through the iron (and just to clear this up the nerves are surrounding the iron not just connecting the start and ending.), but he also controls the direction the electricity flows to switch through positive and negative charges like both the poles in a magnet. Which allows him not only to attract and push away magnetic objects, but push himself to fly as the earth has percentage of iron and magnetic materials in it. Although that wouldn't work, as he would need so much energy to make use for those small amounts of materials. Or does he? King city is a big place with many buildings, pipes and underground rail roads, the idea of him using few of his magnetic energy to fly is valid only in these kinds of areas where iron and magnetic objects are almost everywhere.

If he would let's say fly over the ocean or the desert or even a grass area, then his flying powers would make no sense. Coal has heat organs so he can easily just capture and heat helium, Molly has control on the weather, Benjamin is Coal's cousin and I won't be surprised if he has similar heat organ but to the extend it only works for the helium. Almost every other character has a logical reason to fly. For example let's say I took Pomar from my book, he only has the power to summon stuff, if he flies out of no where then that makes no sense, but if he summons a jet pack then flies, then that's sensible to some extent.

However Charlie's power can backfire, because he needs that very thin iron layer so magnets can stick or attract him. Yet he can escape by sending a slight charge to give him the same charge as the magnet so it pushes him away. Also he theoretically can charge magnetic metals through electromagnetic waves, that also will mess up any kind of GPS, wifi, Bluetooth, satellite or simple phone signal, making them disabled.

So yeah, even though my theories don't have to be actually applied as they are still theories, I think putting Charlie's magnetic and flight powers to such limits can make them a really balanced character when we talk about general power. However any power can seem overpowered in the hands of anyone, of they have high picking up skills, common sense, reflexes and training as well as any kind of guidance to help them fully understand their own potential. Now everyone who is named Charlie can read this, I got rid of the magnets.

A hoard of magnets come flying at me
Oh for fu-
Gets slammed by the magnets.

Theory End.

Woo! Really enjoyed this one. It just makes Charlie's powers have sensible limits and would make sense that it is from radiation given the fact the thin iron lining is somewhat like mutation. Hope you enjoyed it peneloperaywrites , also expect a lot of theories about their book as:
1. I am still looking for books to theorize about
2. So. Much. Supers.
So. Little. Time.

But like every single other chapter, TO THE NEXT THEORY!