•••SEVEN•••

Chanyeol walked alone to school the next day. The bitter taste remained in his mouth and his heart still pounded with slight anger. No one bothered asking about Jongin's absence as their best guess was that he was sick again. However, after realizing Chanyeol's upset mood, they knew something was wrong.

Chanyeol refuse to speak. Even the teachers found it unusual that Chanyeol was quiet in their classes. He wanted nothing but to see Jongin again, but he couldn't due to stupid complications.

He sighed, pressing the button on the vending machine.

Chanyeol took his snack, silently waking to the indoor basketball court. He decided to play his anger away. Jongdae and Minseok were on the court already — Mingyu, Taeyong and Namjoon were on the side, sorting out their strategies.

Chanyeol threw his snack into his backpack and pulled off his shirt to play in his vest. He took his position in the middle of the court, staring at Mingyu in his eyes. Kyungsoo blew the whistle and threw the ball up. Chanyeol quickly got it, dribbling across he court. He heard Jongdae call for a pass, but he ignored him and went for the shot.

"It's too early, you idiot!" Jongdae exclaimed. The ball bounced off the rim and Chanyeol swore under his breath. Mingyu's team got the ball and managed to get a shot in 2 minutes. Chanyeol became angrier with every second.

"Go Mingyu!!" Jihoon and Wonwoo cheered on the bleachers. Kyungsoo and Baekhyun shouted similar phrases for Chanyeol, Jongdae and Minseok.

Chanyeol got the ball again and bounced it across the court. He played a bit more carefully than their first play, and passed to Jongdae when he asked for one. He got the ball in his hands again and Namjoon made an attempt to steal it, but Chanyeol pushed into him so that they both fell harshly. Kyungsoo blew the whistle, catching everyone's attention.

"Why'd you push him?" Taeyong asked. Chanyeol gritted his teeth.

"Sehun, in," he said simply. "I'm done. See you guys tomorrow."

"Are you going home?" Seokjin asked.

"What about practice?" Namjoon asked.

"I can't concentrate right now. I'll see you guys tomorrow," Chanyeol mumbled, pulling his shirt on. He picked up his backpack after taking the snack out and walking off. The rest of the team was confused, but continued their match without Chanyeol.

Chanyeol arrived home in a bitter mood. His parents weren't home, so he locked the door again and walked to his room.

"You're finally home."

Chanyeol was shocked. Jongin stood up from his bed, walking to Chanyeol nonchalantly. Jongin sighed, taking the pack of chips from Chanyeol's hand.

"This stuff is bad for you — you know there's something in here you can't really eat," he said.

"Why are you here?" Chanyeol asked.

Jongin's bit his lips. "I ran away. She called me filthy for being with a male. I couldn't stand being there."

Chanyeol fell silent. "I'm going to make us something to eat; do you want ramen?"

Jongin's sighed, knowing that Chanyeol never really ate anything other than ramen. "Sure."

•••

Chanyeol knew it was wrong for Jongin to be at his house without notifying his mother, but it felt good to hold Jongin in his arms again. Once in a while, they would have a short make-out session which never failed to make Chanyeol's mood lift immediately.