•••SEVENTEEN•••

"Why do you think Chanyeol was acting like that?" Baekhyun asked as he tried balancing on the side of the pavement. Jongin shrugged.

"Chanyeol is a naturally happy, outgoing person. For something to make him this angry..." he mumbled.

"Maybe it was me again," Baekhyun said.

"No, I got a feeling that it's me," Jongin said. "Just don't say anything when we get there. I'll do all the talking - you just stand around and look pretty."

"It's what I'm best at," Baekhyun shrugged, narcissism in his smile.

"Standing around? I agree."

Baekhyun gaped at him and hit his arm. "How dare you speak to me so rudely?! I'm older than you!"

Jongin simply laughed. "Okay, cut it out! I'm sorry! But you're... not exactly pretty, you know."

"When you say that, just remember that Chanyeol kissed back for a reason."

Jongin widened his eyes. He turned forward, his expression becoming serious. He knew Baekhyun's apology for kissing Chanyeol wasn't genuine. He meant it. What he just said supported Jongin's assumptions.

"We're here," Jongin announced. "Wait here. I don't want you to talk to him yet."

"I tagged along to talk to him, Jongin," Baekhyun said, crossing his arms.

"You fucked up the minute you kissed him," Jongin snapped. "You cause nothing but trouble between us. I want to speak to him alone, please. This has nothing to do with you."

Baekhyun shifted. "Look, I said I was sorry about kissing him..."

"I want you to leave him alone," Jongin stated firmly.

"Why are you so protective anyways? It's not like you're dating."

Jongin stopped. "That doesn't mean I don't love him. See you at school tomorrow."

Jongin left the shorter male standing in front of the house. He entered the gate and closed it. He gave Baekhyun one final look before turning around. He nervously walked up to the door, pressing the doorbell. After a few seconds, Chanyeol answered.

"Jongin," he said in a surprised tone. "Why are you here?"

"You owe me an explanation. Can I come in?" Jongin asked. Chanyeol nodded unsurely. He stood to the side, allowing the other to walk in. Chanyeol had a vest and boxers on, even though it was 5pm. They made their way to the kitchen. Jongin leaned against the island and Chanyeol stood near the kitchen sink.

"What do you need? You can't stay long," Chanyeol said, crossing his arms.

"What happened this morning? You're cheeky to teachers but never rude," Jongin said.

"I'm done, okay? I don't care," Chanyeol said. "I had a talk with... Yongguk. He made me upset. He said some shit about you and we got into a fight, but a teacher got to us before anything could start."

Jongin frowned. "What did he say?"

Chanyeol looked away. "He said you got Krystal pregnant. I didn't believe it, but he had already told some people. He was spreading shit, and it wasn't fucking right."

Jongin fell silent. "You defended me?"

"You like Krystal, right? I'll help you keep her at all costs," Chanyeol said. "Even if it gets me suspended for 2 weeks."

"2 weeks?! What did your mom say?!"

Chanyeol shrugged. "I don't know, I didn't pay attention. She was just yelling a lot and swore some times. She hit me on my head and told me to go to my room."

"You're a giant idiot!" Jongin yelled. "You really want to risk everything for a relationship that don't last that long?!"

"I was trying to help," Chanyeol mumbled. "You really love her, right?"

Jongin looked down. "Kind of. I know it's not gonna last long, so I don't want to waste my efforts."

Chanyeol stood in silence. He took two steps to Jongin, placing their lips together immediately. Jongin widened his eyes and attempted to pull away, but relaxed when Chanyeol's hand went behind his neck.

Jongin missed this. He missed Chanyeol's kisses. Chanyeol's hands drifted to Jongin's waist, gripping on the fabric desperately. He pulled away for a mere moment to regain oxygen, but connected their lips again immediately. Chanyeol eventually pulled away, his hand still on Jongin's neck.

"I don't care about Krystal," Jongin mumbled. "I want you. But you're so... stupid. You have no idea how to love. But... I still have feelings for you. You stupid fuckboy. You're more than my best bro. You're mine. And I don't need you risking everything to keep me with someone I don't love."

"Let's stay together this time," Chanyeol mumbled. "No Krystal, no girls - no Baekhyun. Just you and me. No one needs to even know. We can keep this between us. As long as I get that amazing feeling back that I had with you."

"I'll end things with Krystal tomorrow," Jongin mumbled. "All for you. I'm sorry that I didn't trust you. I want to fix things. I'm happy with you."

Chanyeol kissed his forehead. "I'm glad you are."

The front door opened. "Chanyeol? Are you here?"

"Go out my window, quick," Chanyeol ordered the younger softly. Jongin nodded and quickly ran up the stairs. Chanyeol watched carefully as Jongin ran upstairs and his mother walked into the kitchen.

"Didn't I tell you to stay in your room?" she said firmly.

"I came downstairs to fetch a Monster," Chanyeol replied, opening the fridge. He took out an energy drink and walked upstairs to his room. He saw the window open and peeked out. He looked out, seeing Jongin walking down the street. He smiled, turning around and deciding to watch TV.

•••

"Fine. I knew you were gay anyways."

Krystal turned her back to Jongin and walked away. Jongin sighed as she left, but smiled to himself. It felt as if a huge weight was bring lifted off his chest. He made his way to his friends again, plopping down next to beside Minseok.

"Woah, Yifan, when did you get here?" Jongin asked, frowning. He saw Junmyeon sitting in between the tell male's legs.

"When I started missing Junnie," Yifan smirked.

"Not gonna end well," Minseok whispered to Jongin. Jongin sighed and nodded knowingly.

"What happened with Krystal?" Sehun asked.

Jongin smiled at the ground. "Broke up with her."

"Finally!" Jongdae exclaimed, rolling his eyes.

"She wasn't good news," Minseok said. "She was like a leech or something that sucks the life out of someone."

Yixing chuckled. "Lol. Sucks."

"Of course you would hear that part," Baekhyun scolded.

"Like you didn't hear it. You immature side heard it," Yixing said. "Come to think of it, weren't you a leech not to long ago?"

Baekhyun frowned. "Huh?"

"You also sucked the life out of me, wink wink."

"We really didn't need to know that," Yifan cringed.

"Let them be," Junmyeon waved off.

"Was it a good decision to drop Krystal, though? She's hot," Yifan said.

"She was," Jongin confirmed, "but... I care more about Chanyeol. I don't want to put up a front anymore. I... fuck, I love Chanyeol."

"More than Overwatch?" Sehun asked.

Jongin nodded.

"Damn, that's a lot of love."

"How can you compare love to Overwatch?" Luhan asked, making Italian hands. "Anyways, good for you, Jonginnie. More points for the gays. Making your momma proud."

Jongin paled. He forgot about his mother.