•••TWENTY•••

"You need to confront your dumbass mom."

Jongin shook his head. "You're mad. I'm not talking to that crazy woman."

"Chanyeol, she's not a dumbass, mind your language," his mother scolded. "But he's right, Jongin dear. We've taken this lightly for too long. You need to talk to your mother. I think now is the time."

Jongin sighed. "I'd rather not. I hate her right now, and I don't want to speak to her."

"But she's your mother," Yoora reasoned. "You have to speak to her at some point."

"Yeah, and we're not at that point," Jongin mumbled.

"In all honesty, I've already accepted Jongin-ssi into our family. He's a Park now — because he and Chanyeol are basically married," Yoora shrugged as she put a fry in her mouth.

"Mom, can I marry Jongin?" Chanyeol asked his mother in a sickly polite tone.

"Who's the wife figure?" Mrs Park asked.

"He is," Chanyeol replied immediately.

"Says who? You're the one that can cook," Jongin defended his manliness quickly.

"Yeah, but I have no idea how to keep things tidy," Chanyeol added. "Plus, you're like a girl to me. Not like Baekhyun, but you're a girl."

"Your Baekhyun friend does look like a girl," Mrs Park chuckled. Chanyeol nodded in agreement.

"Hey, Mom, since that was my last basketball match for the season and we won and I was announced star player, can Jongin and I go out tonight?"

Mrs Park raised an eyebrow. "Where to?"

"A ride. It's, uhm, the secret. You know. Please? Well be home by 11pm, I do not promise," Chanyeol said, placing his palms together in a begging manner.

His mother sighed. "You want to use the car too, huh?"

"I could use noona's," Chanyeol shrugged, looking at Yoora with a pout.

"Fat chance. I'm going to my boyfriend tonight," Yoora replied as she pointed a fry at him.

"So yes, I need the car as well," Chanyeol nodded.

Mrs Park sighed. "Can I trust you, Park Chanyeol?"

He nodded. "Definitely. Please, Mom."

She smiled. "Of course, Chanyeol."

He grinned widely. "Thank you so much, Mom."

Jongin, who had been silent the whole time, finally spoke. "Where are we going?"

Chanyeol smirked. "Like I said, it's a secret."

•••

"I still can't believe you managed to blindfold me while I was taking a nap."

Chanyeol shrugged. "I have skills."

"And how did you get me in the car without waking me up?" Jongin asked in shock.

"Look, I don't even know. You sleep like a rock that's fucking hibernating," Chanyeol shrugged again. "You look so cute when you sleep, you know. Even when your mouth opens and you look like a middle-aged drunk man."

Jongin found Chanyeol's arm and hit it. "Shut up, I know it's a bad habit. And where are we going, anyways?"

"On an adventure. To the other side of town," Chanyeol replied. "Just relax and enjoy the ride, baby."

"Heard that one before."

Chanyeol choked on his saliva.

•••

"We're here."

Jongin raised his hands a bit. "Uh, I'm blind over here."

"Oh, right. Don't take it off yet," Chanyeol said as he got out the car. Jongin sighed, trying to see through the bottom of the blindfold, but Chanyeol had tied it very carefully. He was immediately tempted to pull it off when he heard movement on top of the car.

"Chanyeol, what the fuck?!"

"Relax, it's just me!" Chanyeol laughed.

There was more movement and Chanyeol opened Jongin's door. He helped him out with some difficulty — Jongin had probably tripped twice.

Chanyeol carefully pulled off the blindfold. "Ta da!"

Jongin widened his eyes. They were on the side of a mountain with the perfect view of the sun which was slowly setting. Across them we're streaks of oranges, yellows, pinks and purples.

"Woah…"

"I hope I succeeded in being romantic?" Chanyeol asked, standing beside Jongin with a smile.

"Where are we? I can't even see the city," Jongin mumbled.

"I crossed the mountain," Chanyeol replied. "The city is behind us. This is the rural side."

"It's pretty," Jongin smiled. He turned to Chanyeol and punched his arm. "I guess you can be romantic and be good at sex."

"When was that never the case?" Chanyeol laughed. "Come on, I set something up on the roof. Follow me."

He covered Jongin's eyes with his hands and guided him to the car. He opened his eyes with another adorable 'ta da!', which didn't fail to make Jongin coo. On top of the roof of the car was a mini picnic set up. Being Chanyeol, he had bought alcohol (well, Yoora had bought it).

"It's a small thing, not too fancy. Come on, I'll help you up," Chanyeol said, holding out his hand.

"I can do it myself, you know," Jongin chuckled. Chanyeol jumped a bit in a whining manner and Jongin rolled his eyes. He let Chanyeol put him on the roof of the Toyota, which made Chanyeol proud.

"I worked hard on these sandwiches," Chanyeol said.

"Mrs Park helped you, didn't she?"

"Shush." Chanyeol began feeding Jongin with red grapes as they stared out at the sunset.

"Just a few months ago, we were best friends. And now we're sitting in the roof of your mom's shitty Toyota with you feeding me grapes and sandwiches while holding hands."

"Which is honestly how I wanted it to turn out," Chanyeol replied. "I'm so happy with you. We were close anyways, and we didn't really change, except for the kissing."

"So in a sense, we acted like a couple already. Look, we're holding hands already," Jongin laughed. "Ah, I fell for a giant idiot. An idiot I fucking love."

Chabyeol chuckled. "You called me an idiot so much times, wow."

"Because you are one," Jongin chuckled. "But I stayed by your side. I knew that if I fucked Krystal or Lisa, I would've regretted it immediately. But now that I'm with you, I know you're the one."

Chanyeol smiled and picked up a bottle of beer. "Well, I'm a fucking blessing, so you should be happy to have me."

Jongin sighed and rolled his eyes. "I sure am."