•••THIRTEEN•••

[hey, it's began a few years lol]

•••

Chanyeol definitely regretted kissing Baekhyun. He's never, ever felt more guilt than he did at that moment. But he couldn't find himself telling Jongin what he did. He feared losing Jongin.

The day of the talent show arrived, and Chanyeol found himself in a bundle of nervousness. His usual cockiness has vanished and he was scared of singing in front of a crowd. He always thought that his voice was too deep for singing, but it somehow matched Baekhyun's voice perfectly.

"You ready?" Jongin asked. He had snuck backstage just to see and support Chanyeol. The taller exhaled and nodded with a nervous smile on his lips.

"Let's go, Chanyeol," Baekhyun said. He grabbed Chanyeol's hand in encouragement. "I know you'll do great today."

Jongin glared holes through Baekhyun's skull. He wanted to kill the small, perfect male. Chanyeol looked at the ground awkwardly. Baekhyun glanced at Jongin a bit smugly. Jongin mouthed a clear 'fuck you' before walking of stage.

Chanyeol felt guilt creeping into his system as he stood beside Baekhyun. The fact that the older felt no remorse whatsoever irritated him further. He detected malice in Baekhyun's intentions — he was stupid but not blind.

"You're up," a girl whispered to them. They walked onto the stage and the crowd cheered at the sight of two of the most beautiful guys at their school. Chanyeol grinned cheekily when he caught Jongin's gaze. Jongin bit his lips to stop himself from bursting into giggles.

"Chanyeol looks good today," Yixing complimented.

"Be honest, he looks good everyday," Jongdae said.

"Shh, they're gonna start," Minseok shushed.

"Oh, shut up, you old spork."

"Bitch, square the fuck up, you hoe—"

"Both of you shut up," Junmyeon hissed.

Chanyeol began strumming on the guitar just as the three were about argue. Jongin widened his eyes. Chanyeol looked so soft — he looked nothing like the usual fuckboy exterior he had. Now he looked calm and gentle. Jongin liked this look on his. Baekhyun began singing in a beautiful voice that truly amazed the crowd — until Chanyeol  began singing.

The crowd erupted with cheers as he sang. They had never truly heard Chanyeol's voice and it sounded beautiful. Jongin was also truly amazed. Sure, he had heard Chanyeol sing at random times, but hearing it on stage made his heart melt.

Chanyeol truly sang his heart out. He did his absolute best because he knew Jongin was watching. Their harmonizing was simply on point and perfect. Even Chanyeol thought that there was no one better than them.

They got to the last bridge when Chanyeol opened his eyes and peered at the crowd. His eyes immediately locked with Jongin's. He became slightly nervous, but held up just fine. Jongin smiled encouragingly at him and his heart fluttered. Chanyeol had never felt this way about his best friend. It was as if he was in love with him.

Love.

Again.

The song drew to a close and the crowd cheered madly. Baekhyun and Chanyeol hugged out of excitement and happiness. They cleared from the stage to be congratulated by some staff and students. Most commented on Chanyeol's unique and beautiful voice.

"I need to go see Jongin now," Chanyeol announced.

"Wait, I need to tell you something," Baekhyun said quickly. Chanyeol frowned and turned to him. "I just want to apologize. I was a little upset about Minseok and... I was a little jealous about you and Jongin, so I tried separating you two so I could have someone's attention again. It was a dick move, and I want to apologize for it. So... I'm sorry, Park Chanyeol."