•••FOURTEEN•••

Baekhyun inhaled nervously as he stood behind the wall. His eyes were fixated on Jongin. The taller male was sitting on the bleachers at the indoor basketball court as Chanyeol played a match against Minseok and Namjoon with Wonwoo. Jongin had the school's red pompoms on his hands.

"You can do this, Baek. Just apologize. He won't hate you — Jongin isn't like that."

He released one last shaky breath before walking into the hall. He walked around the court towards the bleachers. Jongin noticed him and smiled.

"Hey, Jongin," Baekhyun greeted awkwardly. "Listen, I just wanted to apologize. I know I pulled Chanyeol away from you too much times and I kinda feel guilty for separating you two. I'm really sorry for that."

Jongin smiled. "It's fine, Baek. You guys had to practice, and the performance turned out great. It wasn't a problem."

Baekhyun gulped. "A-also... I'm s-sorry for k-kissing Chanyeol. I started it and I understand if you hate me."

Jongin's smile fell. "You kissed him...?!"

Baekhyun bit his lips. "I'm sorry. I-I needed someone's attention and... I'm sorry, okay? I turned to Chanyeol because I trusted him a-and I... God, I'm so sorry for kissing him, Jongin. I w-was just looking for some form of comfort, and Ch-Chanyeol..."

Baekhyun had tears in his eyes. He tried not crying because he had eyeliner on, but he was becoming scared. What if he lost 2 of his closest friends because of a stupid kiss?

"I need to think for a bit," Jongin mumbled. He abandoned his bag and pompoms and left the basketball court. Chanyeol noticed and frowned.

"Bro! Where are you going?" he asked loudly.

"Away from you, cheater!"

Chanyeol widened his eyes. He immediately looked over at Baekhyun. The shorter male immediately burst into tears. Chanyeol gritted his teeth as he walked over to him.

"Why did you tell him?!" he hissed.

"I'm sorry..." Baekhyun sniffled, wiping his eyeliner-stricken tears. Chanyeol sighed.

"It's fine, I'll talk to him," he said. "Hey, stop crying. It's fine. I'm not angry at you."

"Stop being so nice to me! If you weren't so nice to me, I wouldn't have fallen for you, you idiot!"

With that, Baekhyun stomped out of the basketball court as well. Their friends stared at the whole process in shock.

"Damn," Minseok whispered. Chanyeol groaned, picking up his shirt from the ground.

"Jeonghan, in for me," he said. He walked out of the basketball court and it was his first goal to find Jongin. The younger male was very sensitive, and Chanyeol didn't want to risk anything — especially the deep relationship he formed with Jongin over the past few weeks.

He found Jongin at the stairs where he and Chanyeol had their second kiss. The male was crying against the staircase. Chanyeol immediately felt guilty. He jogged up the stairs and sat down beside Jongin.

"Go away," Jongin mumbled.

"No. I'm not going away," Chanyeol answered firmly. "I refuse to let you be this upset. It was one stupid kids. And I regret it. I regret not telling you sooner."

"The fact that you didn't tell me doesn't bother me. You promised. We promised not to kiss anyone else except each other. You broke that promise. It kinda hurts, you know. This is so stupid, but... maybe we shouldn't be best bros that sometimes kiss. Maybe... just best friends."