I need a change (1)

*Continuation*

~Makaila POV~

"you should talk to him" Morgan said putting the keys in the car starting the ignition. "why should I?" I asked buckling my seatbelt as I watched us slowly pull away from the small diner. "I know I always say this, but its been 4 years ....4 YEARS I mean at some point you guys have to talk" morgan added as I stayed silent looking out the window. The stars in the sky twinkled ever so slightly which brought my attention away from the annoying conversation. Ive never been so bitter in my life but at this point i gave 0 f****s about anything. I heard Morgan sigh really loud as the sunset slowly faded as we stopped at a red light. "you guys went through everything together and this is how you treat him" morgan said quietly "Thats a really B****y move". "im a b**** and your point is?" I asked sarcastically instnatly regretting the set of words thst just spilled from my mouth "sorry".

"the only person you need to say sorry to is Daniel.....i mean.....you have the boy wrapped around your finger like a love sick puppy" was the words that left Morgans mouth as I realized I did control his life. "Hes lovesick over you" morgan added as the car went silent as she stpped on the gas when the light turned green. "I try and be so sweet to people, but im just to bitter to try and fake my emotions" I added as Morgan just rolled her eyes mouthing cuss words at a car that couldnt drive. "trust me im over him" I said as she just laughed really hard. "what if he got with someone else? I know you would fall apart just like a incorrectly sewed pair of mittens" morgan said softly glancing over at me before looking back at the road. Morgan was so wise and I always wished I thought like her but im not her and I never will be. "and you know exactly whos gonna ask him out soon" Morgan said looking at me as I chose to play with my hands instead of listen to her long lecture.

"your best friend" I mumbled as I saw her nod her head out of the corner of my eye. "if you guys dont become friends now.....once he gets with mandy....you'll be long gone out of his memory but nothing of a little peice of dust going over the eye that he'll blink away" she added as I frowned a bit. "how do you talk to somebody you loved 4 years ago?" I asked as morgan pulled into a parking spot right in front of our dorm building. "loved or still love?" morgan asked looking at me while opening her car door. "Neither" I replied blankly stepping our of the car shutting it behind me as Morgan locked the car doors.

~Daniel POV~

I laid in my bed staring at the ceiling in silence as James stopped his video game. "you having love problems?" James asked as I just sat up sighing. "how can I even love something at this point" I said bitterly as James just shrugged stuffing his face full of buttery popcorn. "you love her......right?" he asked as I just got under the covers hugging a pillow. "I guess you could say that" I replied blankly as he sighed turning the Tv off completely. "you miss her old self dont you?" he asked as I slowly nodded. "everyone grows up at some point.....some faster than others....for crying out loud Daniel you were friends with maniacs" James said as I just hugged myself. "she killed so many people but yet you still find her amazing....All im saying is if you love her so much go talk to her and not her and her cousin...just....her" he said stuffing his face once more as I ran a hand through my black shiny curls. "im not ready yet" I replied closing my eyes. "ready for what? you either get her now when shes weak or loose her to some other guy who is probably 100x better than you" he added as I looked at him in shock " no offense".

"the girl could use any other guy to distract herself from her problems" he said shrugging rubbing off the butter around his mouth "and you could be the guy to bring her away from them or the guy who is the problem". "I feel like I am the problem in her life so thats why shes been ignoring my existance" I said coldy setting my hands behind my head and goin back to staring at the ceiling. "sometimes I wish I never met her" I said as James stopped licking the butter off his thumb and looking me in the eye "if I didn't meet her I wouldn't have to worry about life problems but because I met her she brought out emotions I don't show many people". "you should talk to her" he replied blanly this time pulling out his phone. we were quiet for 10 minutes before I heard his phone send a text as he broke the silence. "could you go to the store and get me more butter then be back in 30 minutes" he said quickly as I sprung off my bed ready to leave the room filled with awkward silence.