1

"My class is a place of learning y/n if you don't want to stay awake in it I suggest you leave."

You woke up from the slap of a ruler on the board.

"I'm sorry Miss, it won't happen again." You said, even though it will and has been happening since you moved further away from school. Meaning a later time to get home and a later time to start homework which also meant a later time to go to sleep.

Exiting the class you felt more tired than ever. You studied hard for your grades but procrastinating was one of your strong points.

It was time for your hour long commute home, you stayed at this school because you knew that moving schools in your third from last year of high school was something you could handle, you could handle another three years of getting by. The other reason was you couldn't leave your best friend, she would have no one without you, as it had always been just you two.

Though the time went by slowly you always had your phone to look at and the updates of celeb and Kpop gossip always kept you interested. Studying on the bus or train never came to mind, at least you tried not to make it come to mind.

The boy from Australia popped up on your phone. Ah, the meme king.
"Hmph," you snorted, "meme king? I only know me, the lawd." That's what you were known as, 'The meme lawd'. You weren't gonna deny it, your memes were top notch, the dankest of the dank.

"Stray Kids update:
Lee Felix

Lee Felix will be returning to Australia for a 6 month long break before Stray Kids' next comeback as per request of family. He is reported to have already arrived in Perth, Australia and not his city of Sydney. Reasons why are unknown.

Further updates..."

Lee Felix was in your city? At this moment? It made no sense to you either, why was he in Perth and not Sydney?

Your commute took shorter than expected as you were too consumed in your thoughts, your estate was new - meaning there weren't many people in your area yet but there were people moving in almost every month. Your family were the first in your area to move in so you were used to people moving in all the time and the sound of moving trucks were familiar.

As you got home you FaceTimed your best friend. "Hey y/bf/n"

"Did you see the update?"

"That Felix was in Perth? Yeah, but Perth's so big so we'll probably never see him."

"What do you mean we'll never see him? You know I ship you two, you're so alike! He's your type; tall, tan and has freckles. Plus he's the meme king, meme queen..."

"Oh shut up, I live thirty minutes from the city, you have a better chance of seeing him than I do." You wish you could see him, but the chances were so low and Perth was a pretty big city.

The sounds of the beeping moving trucks became louder, someone was finally moving into the empty house next to yours.

"New neighbours?"

"Yup"

"Go check maybe those stories where a cute new neighbour moves in next door will become a reality." Your best friend chimed but it was no use, you had high hopes for all the other people who moved in but all you got was some weird guy your age who stared at you every time you got out of your house.

"Mum's probably gonna make me give them something again, let's bet."

"Another batch of brownies? I wish she would make them for me." You laughed, your mums brownies were the best and your best friend loved them the most.

"Y/N! Go give our new neighbours some welcoming brownies." Your mum yelled from the kitchen.

"Ayyy what'd I say, hold on a min... wait nah I'll take you with me." You held your phone and walked to your mum.

"Don't be flirty, I know about you and boys." Your best friend snickered.

"What? Mum what do you mean? They're just easy to become friends with." It was easy for you to befriend guys because you did things that most guys did, you played soccer and basketball and you liked playing games.

"What? Mum what do you mean?" Your best friend mimicked you, you held your phone the camera facing the road on which you walked on and the container of brownies in the other hand. "The day I catch you lacking talking to a boy will be the day on which I know I have seen everything."

You knocked on the door, "It probably will never happen, unless I meet Jeon Jungkook, yeah that will really get me."

The door opened and you were greeted by a woman, "Oh hello, you must be the neighbours daughter! I talked to your mother yesterday. Want to come in? We haven't fully gotten everything sorted but you can just have a little chat." The woman took the container of brownies from your hands.

"Oh yeah sure, I can't stay for long though."

"Oh that's alright." The lady smiled.

"Hey Mum do you know where I put my—" the face of boy who spoke looked at you.

The voice of your best friend spoke from your phone, "no way."