18

"What I Love About You"

What a nice topic? You didn't know what to say, you knew you liked him... but did you love him? As an idol. Of course.

As the boy next door? You thought maybe if you did get to know him more. You possibly could.

"Hey y/n,

Okay okay, weird name I know. I know I like you... I think to say 'love' we need to get to know each other more.

But what I love about you is you're genuinely caring, you personality (even if you don't think) is the greatest thing about you. I think something that said a lot about you was the moment you treated me like a person and not an idol. That was what truly told me you were a great person.

Your humour, is something else.

You are something else.

And of course I mean this all in a good way, nothing about you would be bad (from my point of view at least).

Never doubt yourself.

catch ya."

One thing you couldn't stop to notice was the fact that his letter were getting shorter and shorter. Maybe he didn't have time or maybe he couldn't think of anything to say, but you really did wish that he wrote a lot more. It's not like you were complaining, you were shocked to even know that he wrote them in the first place.

Then school came again.

It happened, the one letter you thought you wouldn't have to open... you had to open.

"When A Guy Asks You Out"

How did he know?

"Hey y/n,

So it finally happened. He had the guts to ask you out. I'd be lying if I said I didn't wish it was me who did it.

He was the first friend I made here in Perth. Turned out he went to your school too. I met him in the city while I was looking for that giant park. He didn't know who I was, but he did notice I was lost. I guess I really did look out of it.

My mum mentioned what school you went to before and when I asked him what school he went to, he said yours. The coincidence was uncanny. I told him, "I know someone who goes there."

When he told me he knew you, I was even more shocked. Like what? Everything felt like fate. (You and me by the way. Not him and I)

When I finally moved to your school I told him I was coming, he welcomed me. He helped me make friends and I fit right in right away.

He knew you were my neighbour, he also told me about liking you. He said he did for a while. The day I told him I was leaving he said that he was planning on asking you out.

So if he did finally ask you out and you said yes. I want you to know I'm happy for you. I know he'll take care of you and that he really does like you.

catch ya."

You remembered back to that morning.

"Hey y/n"

It wasn't who you wished it was, but it was someone you did like before... well before Felix came.

"Hey" you replied, with a small smile of course so you didn't come across as rude.

"Uhh... can I ask you something, just so you know I won't get mad whether you decide what I wish or not."

You were confused but nonetheless you stayed attentive as to what he had to say. He looked nervous and his friend watched and chuckled a few metres behind him. He was fidgeting with his fingers when he finally spat it out.

"Would you like to go out with me?"

Your breath hitched and your heart rate intensified but there wasn't the feeling you would have had a few months back. If it was in the past you probably would have said yes in the blink of an eye, but something was different now. Maybe you weren't ready for anything, but what you did know was that you didn't want to play with his feelings or lead him on.

"I'm sorry..."

He interrupted you.

"It's okay, I kind of knew you wouldn't say yes but it was worth a shot." He scratched the back of his neck before mumbling a goodbye and giving you a closed smile.

Why was Felix still in your mind when he wasn't even in the same continent as you? Why did he affect you so much?

Double update cause we reached 3k! And I miss you guys (sorry the chapters are really short though).

Btw guys I made the "person who asked you out" with no name because I wanted you to think of whoever you wanted whether it be your crush or an idol or whateverrrrr.

-sky