19

"If You Can't Sleep"

Another night of not sleeping had come across, it was mostly because the holidays had come along and sleep was now an option. You spent most of your time doing whatever you felt like, and for some reason these activities seemed to want to occur at the latest times possible. You lost track of how long it's been since Felix left, maybe 6 months? 8? 9? You couldn't recall. You could barely even remember the date he left.

"Hey y/n,
I remember you telling me that you suffered from lack of sleep. I thought maybe it would be great to have a letter for this ready then. I've honestly ran out of things to say in these letters... I don't know why but what I do know is that I continued writing them for the main reason that I didn't want to waste the paper I already wrote the titles on. I know, weird right?You can deal with it. In the little piece of paper attached there is a print out of wikihow "how to get to sleep faster", you're very welcome. I miss you already, I don't know why I wrote this letter, I'm sorry. If you're disappointed in this I don't know what else to say. Hope we can meet again, I hope you will wake up early the day I leave and run out to stop me. I hope you do y/n, I really do.
catch ya."

'Well that got sad really quick?' You thought to yourself. You kind of knew the reason why you opened the letter wasn't because you couldn't sleep. It was because you were starting to forget who Felix really was. The few days of knowing him did your mind no justice as keeping memory of such a short amount of time started to become difficult after a while. You forgot how he acted around you, you forgot his true smile. You forgot everything and your memories had mostly become a boy with no face but emotions. Had your crush on him disappeared too? It wasn't just Felix though, it seemed as if just watching videos of him brought no affect. Had time become your enemy? Had it taken away your feelings and whisked away your memories? For the first time in a while you wondered and thought to yourself, did you miss the boy? Or did you miss the idea of him?