20

It had finally been a year since Felix had left. You didn't mind anymore, in fact you had no idea it had reached a year. You finally got a part time job, and had less time on your plate. You knew of how successful Stray Kids debut was. You had listened to their song and had this proud feeling, but only as a fan. As time had come the moments you spent with Felix had faded and felt nothing like a memory but more like a vivid dream. The letters he gave you were somewhere scattered underneath your bed and the bracelet had become a normal accessory. You didn't know when exactly it happened, when your brain started to deny and block out everything to do with Felix but it just did.

You served your last customer when your co-worker came up to you, "oh my god y/n do you know stray kids?"

It seemed like another normal conversation between two Kpop fans.

"Yeah, what about them?" You replied wiping down the counter as the girl spoke.

"Who's your bias?", you froze before she continued on her sentence, "mine is probably Felix. Did you know he's Aussie?"

You just nodded and smiled back.

"Apparently he lived here for a short while and had some type of thing with a girl who went to a school around here. No one knows who she is though, it's all just talk probably rumours." She sat on the counter. "Did you hear that rumour? Do you think it's real?" She was younger than you, maybe that's why she was getting on your nerves.

"Nah never heard it before. It's all just rumours right?"

She looked at you, "I don't know, there's a photo going around of them two together on the train. I don't know what school she's from, never really seen that uniform before." Your eyes had widened, if a photo was taken of you two why had you never seen it before? And why did the rumour just start circulating? The timing was crazy, right when you had finally come to terms with whatever you felt for Felix.

"Do you have the photo?" You put the rag down, as she sat there scrolling through her phone trying to find the photo.

She handed it to you and sure enough it was you, with Felix. Sitting on the train. How could dating rumours come from such a photo? It was him sitting across from you, he was smiling and telling his story as you sat there listening to every word he said. Your face couldn't be seen as the photo was taken from an angle.

You spoke up, "They look like they're just friends or maybe they were strangers and started a conversation." She looked at you, cocking an eyebrow.

"Yeah you're probably right, are you going now y/n? Your shifts over." You looked at the time, it was over and you said a quick goodbye before grabbing your things and heading to the bus stop. Another long journey awaited you.

-

The music played loudly as you walked from the bus stop to your house, you knew the choreography to the song playing and made slight movements to the music. The air smelt fresh around you, the sun was setting. You could feel the energy through the song and you couldn't help but smile. When it finally ended a new song came on shuffle. You walked a little slower, realising what song it was when the beat began to play.

"Look at the stars..."
It had been a while since you played this song, it didn't stop you from singing along.
"Look how they shine for you." Your eyes were closed once again as you were just metres away from your home.

"And everything you do."

"Yeah they were all yellow."
You opened your eyes.

There he was standing. Nothing was said.
Till his lips met yours, and all the memories fled back.