10

You removed your charm bracelet and ran to find where you hid the box Felix had given you.

Fumbling with the charm, you sniffled and brushed away a stray tear that had  escaped your eye. He probably knew you wouldn't get it right away.

You turned the small key and the box clicked open. Inside were letters. Each with a tiny little instruction written on it. "Open this one first" one was labelled, so you did as you read and opened the letter.

"Hey y/n, I wonder how you are? If you opened this letter I'm guessing you finally figured out that one of the charms were the key. Good for you, I knew you wouldn't get it right away.

You reading this means that I had given this to you because I left. I started writing these after the day we first hung out. I wrote most of the letters in a day to be honest, so I have no idea what will happen to us but I'm hoping we continued our friendship. I don't think that I would be able to contact you often once I move back to Korea, as I would probably be really busy. This can be my memory box of Perth (and some messages for you to look forward to since you need some excitement in your life that doesn't come from dramas), and I will be leaving it to you because I'm hoping to return here one time to collect it from you. I don't really need it that much right now because well... I remember? You can open whichever you want but I'm trusting that you will only open them based on how you're feeling or what the letters say.

Catch ya."

You looked at all the letters. There were 16 in total, 15 not including the first:

"When We First Met"

"The Second Time We Met"

"My First Day Exploring Perth (open when it's been 2 weeks since I left)"

"When Our First Album Comes Out"

"If School Is Extra Shitty"

"When You Doubt Yourself"

"If You Have A Bad Dream"

"My Favourite Place In Perth (open when it's been 3 months after I left)"

"If You Fail Another Test"

"If You Really Miss Me ;)"

"If You Can't Sleep"

"If A Guy Asks You Out"

"What I Love About You"

"Before Exams"

"Open When I've Been Gone for 6 Months"

You wiped another tear away and sat there on the floor of your bedroom fumbling with the letters. You opened the letter titled "My First Day Exploring Perth", it had been way longer than 2 weeks for you to figure it out. So you were able to open it.

"Hey y/n,

I'm guessing its been way longer than 2 weeks but lets flow with it.

My first day exploring Perth was honestly one of the most enjoyable days I've had. Not just because I enjoyed walking around..

But because after a long day of looking through that giant park you suggested I go to, I saw you. popping up beside me at the train station, you and your cute smile. You were so sarcastic but it was expected since I asked such a stupid question. You already now all about my dora day in Perth but I just wanted to say that you made my day that much better by coming up to me.

Thanks for that.

Oh and by the way out of all the views in Perth that day, you were my favourite.

Catch ya."

You smiled to yourself, it was a short little letter that managed to make you smile for the first time in months. You looked at the two polaroids Felix had attached to the letter, one of the view from the park and a selfie he took with you that day on the train. Sitting there you suddenly realised. Felix left October 13th last year, so it would be the third month since he left. Tomorrow.