III

BECA POV

(A Day Earlier) I don't even know what to say! I finally am on the road to success! My boss just promoted me to go do Traveling Music Producing! It's going to be grand! I could meet any artist I wanted from anywhere... like Ke$ha.... wait Beca. Aren't you missing something though?

"Oh no....the Bellas.." I realized.

Chloe would kill me if I left! Even without notice or anything really! ....I wish I didn't have to choose... Ugh why do you have two passions Beca!

A text interrupted my thoughts and so I picked up my phone...

Chloe: Hey Beca! I was wondering if you wanted to go and get coffee in 30 minutes?

It was from Chloe too... speaking of her. Ugh I don't know how I'm going to tell her.... or even how she'd react! Especially since she's counting on me for everything we put in for the Bellas. I can't tell her yet, or Aubrey. They always tell each other everything even if it was a promise! I'll tell either of them before I leave tomorrow and hope for the best I guess..

Beca: Oh hey Chloe! Um.. yeah I guess I could use some coffee..
Chloe: With me?
Beca: What?
Chloe: Coffee... with me??
Beca: Oh right... didn't get it at first. But yeah I could meet up with you?
Chloe: I'm actually outside your house right now...
Beca: but you said 30 minutes?!
Chloe: I said that 7 minutes ago silly.
Beca: Ugh fine... did you take a car or?
Chloe: Well yeah, you live far away from everyone else.
Beca: Right..

I pick up my bag with my house keys in it and walk out to Chloe's car. As I get in... it was the most awkward time I've had with Chloe.. even more awkward than the showers! I thought to start up the conversation..

"Sooo... how are you?" I ask.
"Beca Mitchell, are you actually checking up on me?" Chloe follows up.
"I could just easily get out this car you know." I say.
"Geez I'm doing fine.. just trying to humor up the conversation" Chloe replies.

We pull up to the coffee place "Coffee Mug", which was a place that I've never heard about, but I trusted Chloe and assumed that she's been here and like it a lot. We get out of the car and I follow her in...we walk inside and Chloe immediately gets a greet from the man behind the counter.

"Ahh! Chloe! Welcome back sweetheart! ..Oh? I see you have brought a lucky someone with you." The man states.
"Oh Chandler, this is only my friend Beca." Chloe replies
"Ohhh... Beca eh?" The man says while eyeing Chloe.
"What is that about?" I ask
"Nothing.." Chloe says while grabbing my hand walking over to a table seated for two.

I was seriously confused on what she and the counter man were doing when my name was being mentioned, but I didn't want to know and just order some coffee to refresh my mind on work decisions.

A/N: Thank you for reading this chapter! I just thought it'd be good for the story to get a little background so none of y'all would get confused (: