XXI

BECA POV

I held her hand tightly, even when she was loosening her grip as she falls asleep. I was the reason Chloe drank herself unconscious. I knew it was my fault, and of course I felt so terrible! I should've told her the real reason... she would've understood better.. been more happy and relieved to know how much I seriously like her. I should've said I wanted to be with her, because I really do...just not now.

"Chloe, stay with us, the girls are bringing you water and ice....C-Chloe?!" Aubrey reassures.
"Aubrey! This is all we can get!" Stacie approaches with 2 cubes of ice and a bottled water.
"This is what we have to work with really?...fuck it." Aubrey grabs the items then turns to me and says, "Move it Mitchell, it's not like you could do anything else to make her better."
"No. I want to help."

That was the first time I've ever said those words and felt so determined in my life. Moments later Chloe wakes up from all of us helping her become more conscious. I hug her so tightly as she wakes up.

"Chloe... I'm so sorry.."

She didn't hug me back. She continued being distant...

"Aubrey can you help me to my bedroom."

Those words gave me the chills. I pulled away from the hug and stood up looking down to her... feeling so broken. Aubrey gave me the death stare and helped Chloe walk to her room. And Amy gave me a hug. She was the only one who stood by my side no matter what choice I've made. But I needed to see Chloe and tell her how much I like her... just without Aubrey there. Except the fact that I said "fuck it" and got out of Amy's hug then ran upstairs to Chloe's room. Aubrey turned and looked at me with such an evil eye... and Chloe was turned looking away as much as she could.

"Beca. Chloe doesn't want to see you. So it's best you leave. NOW." Aubrey demands.
"Last time I checked, you aren't the boss of me."
"Do you ever listen to anyone? Leave this very room. Or you'll regret it."
"I've already made a regret and I don't want to create another one." I step forward as saying.

Aubrey became speechless for once and had a blank face expression wiped on her. I walked over to Chloe and grabbed her hand that was by her side. I squeezed it a little bit to have her look at me.

"Chloe... please. Look at me."
"What..do you.. want." Chloe finally turns to me as saying upsettingly.
"I didn't mean to hurt you-"
"Yeah I can tell the moment you tried to help me out there, you weren't that successful."
"Chloe...I tried, Aubrey just didn't even let me try."
"Whatever." She looks over to Aubrey.
"Chloe." I let out as placing a finger onto her chin and turning her gaze over to me. "I love you. And I really want to be with you."
"And...where was this beforehand?"
"I of course needed time to think.. we just came back from Chicago-"
"Right. And of course the plane ride wasn't enough when we were-"

I covered her mouth with my hand as I knew exactly what she was about to say in front of Aubrey if I let her continue.

"You were what?" Aubrey says suspiciously.

Fuck. I did not stop her in time...

A/N: Well Beca's in trouble once again🤭. Hopefully Aubrey won't do anything rash.. but the only way to find out is voting up this chapter so I may upload more! Also, I've noticed the past couple chapters have flopped..so I hope they can get the love they deserve 🥺 <3