I Don't Have Anything Like That

Chapter 3

Freya

After a morning of shopping with my mother. We decided to get some lunch at TGI Fridays.

"How was your date?" My mom asked as we were seated in our booth.

"Um, let's be thankful for our health." I said not wanting to relive that night.

"That bad? You'll keep trying and find someone just as amazing and-"

"Special? As me. I've heard that before." I looked up to see my mom frozen mid-sentence. I looked around the entire restaurant and everyone had frozen.

"Damon? Is this you?" I called out cautiously.

"Afraid not." A man in a black suit with a long grey coat came up from behind me. He looked young; if I had to guess he had to be in his mid-twenties.

"You can see me?" The man asked sliding into the booth next to my mom, "Help me understand. You are a girl. Yes?"

I was getting pretty annoyed of people asking me if I was a girl. I look like a girl!

Rude.

"I am a girl! Woman. I am a woman!" I stated.

"Yes, you are," he said sizing me up, "And an elemental too." This man stared at me like I was a strange science experiment that had gone terribly right. He was shifty but had an air of sophistication and control.

"Which creed do you follow?" He asked.

"Why is everyone so obsessed with creed's? I have no idea what that means," I admitted. If Damon ever pops back up again maybe he can tell me why a creed is so important.

"People want to know how to communicate with you. It's a light or dark thing. Since you bare no marks of your line. People have to ask." He raised up his hand to show me a silver ruby ring with an intricate design of a three-headed dog and a key.

"This ring was forged in The Underworld and cooled in the River Styx. There are only two in existence only given to strongest the Descendants of Hades. I draw my element from it." The man said proudly.

I gave him a small round of applause. "Yeah, I don't have anything like that." Am I supposed to believe in old Greek Gods? Those are just stories. He couldn't be serious. The man could stop time itself. Surely, he didn't believe in fairy tale stories.

"You doubt my words?" He said.

"I believe that you believe in what you say. So, who am I to judge?" I said.

He held out his hand and produced a small black fire. I didn't know much about my abilities, but I was never able to produce anything other than regular flames.

"You're like me too?!" I shouted with excitement.

"No, one is like you," he turned his palm over snapping his fingers and a blue flame burst through the snap. "I take it you have air?"

"How did you know?" I asked. I could control all the elements. Couldn't everyone else?

"Just sitting here next to you it's like having an amp. You only find that with your complimentary pairing. But, with you, it's a super charged high".

The man extended his hand to me, "Come with me." he said with a devilish smile. I looked into his black obsidian eyes that sent a warm feeling throughout my body. He reached out and touched my hand. I felt arousal by his touch.

"You want to come with me," he said smiling at me. "I can give you so much more than schoolyards touches. Would you like that?" He said moving farer up my arm. His voice was so enticing and seductive I wanted him to talk more.