Fight Day

Chapter 23

Alaric

Today is the day. Fight day.

I knew Damon had trained fake Freya. Yes, he was good fighter? But I can beat this bitch. I had to.

Apollo linked Freya's mind to mine. But, after what happen a few days ago with the knife I lost our connection. She was running out of time. Poseidon was making her kill, once her kill count was high enough; Freya wouldn't be Freya. She would truly be the God-killer.

I had to get to her fast. This combat took too long. Three months. Three fucking months. If I just killed fake Freya, Damon would have killed me. Or The Brotherhood would have executed me or sent me to Hades Playground. This fight was the only way I could, legally kill her.

"It's not too late to back down," Vanessa said sitting on the bench in the locker room. These last three months she has been the only real company I've had besides Honey. As I predicted most people didn't like idea of me wiping out an entire group of people. She was more freaked out than The Elders were when I told them what was going to happen. But this is my god damn right, "If your wrong, can you imagine the backlash? From The Brotherhood? From Ares?" She was holding Honey.

Woof woof woof

"I know, I'm right." I started to wrap my hands.

"Let me." Vanessa said putting Honey on the ground and standing up to finish the job. The traditional wear for a death match was nothing. Much like how the Greeks use to perform the Olympics. The Elders found that antiquated so compression shorts and a sleeve of armor for me. Fake Freya had the same kind of sleeve armor and a soft leather dress.

No shoes. No weapons. Which was going to be a bitch for me. The stadium was slightly flooded. Which could work in fake Freya's favor. I wasn't excepting her to be Gifted with water.

"Thanks." I said.

"Just don't die." Vanessa said with worry in her eyes.

"Done." I said.

"Do you want anything before you go out?"

"No." I had everything I needed. I knew the spell I needed to do to get to Atlantis. Once I got there, I had no real plan just find Freya and get the hell out before Poseidon knew I was there.

"Combatants report to the center of the area. Again, combatants report in." The announcer said.

Vanessa hugged me, "Break her neck."

I hugged her back. Laughing I said, "I'm going to do a lot more than that." I let go of her, "Show time." She nodded.

I walked out of the locker room and into the complete concrete hallway. As I walked down, I saw Bash leaning against the wall, "Lost? Freya's locker room is on the other side" I said confused.

"No. You didn't hear it from me, but Damon trained Freya to be a Brawler. What she lacks in fitness she'll, make up for it in raw power. I've seen her knock almost any opponent out with a single punch. This makes her wildly unpredictable," he started to walk away.

"Why? Is this a trap? To give me a false sense of security?"

"No, I think your right. Damon wanted me to show Freya the lab hoping that she would like it enough to continue to stay here. I asked her to write some simple lines of code. Just to see where we could exactly put her. It was nothing advance, nothing that a computer programmer wouldn't be able to do. She struggled. I didn't push it, but I did look into Freya's background. How does a girl who went to one of the best schools in her state, land a $75,000 job, two days after graduating, at one of the biggest computer science companies; not know JavaScript, Python, C++ or any computer language? So, I called Celeste and pretended to be another company. Her boss Kelly said she was completely competent, any business would be lucky to have her, and her skills were next to none. And a bunch of other things just didn't make sense looking at it in hindsight."