The Most Normal Thing

Chapter 13

Freya

A few days had passed since the attack, I didn't leave my room until night for food and to walk Honey. Even then I made sure I was invisible. They hated me and I had no idea how to handle it. Even Damon was keeping his distance from me. He checked on me once in the morning and once in the evening. Beyond that, we didn't talk. I did see Alaric a lot on the other hand. I'm sure he's supposed to be working, but he spent most of his days watching movies with me.

I laid in bed looking up at the ceiling. I don't want to leave this room. But, today's the day.

The Awakening.

I get to be in a room full of people that hate me.

Yippee.

My door was kicked open, making me jump up, "It's TODAY!" Alaric chanted he was wearing a navy suit and red silk tie.

I fell back on my mattress, "No!" I grunted.

"Yyyeeessss, get up!" He rolled me out of my bed, "Get dressed and let's go. You've been hiding in this room for too long. Fuck what everyone thinks. You're a god damn demigod!"

I pushed myself off the floor, "Exactly, I didn't ask for this. Why would I want to go to something for everyone to hate me even more? Why can't I just be trained and send on my merry way?"

Throwing himself on my bed he said, "Tradition. The Elders want you to feel like one of us. This is their way of doing it. Plus, the quicker you do this the quicker you can see your mom. Who I bet is an absolute bombshell. MILF material."

"Eeewwww, don't sexualize my mom!"

"Hey, I call it like I see it. If she banged the God of War she has to be-"

"Stop! Stop! You put a picture it in my head I never thought about!" I walked to my bathroom to get ready.

"Be quick, I don't want to be sitting here forever," he complained. I quickly showered, put on some light makeup and loosely curled my hair. My mother got me a dress. When I came back to my room after the meeting, it was filled with my things and once I started to unpack, I found the dress with a note.

For your special day.
-Mom

The dress was long and draped with a long slit that showed the thigh bracelet Hercules gave me. I hadn't taken off the necklace I woke up with off. The sleeves hung low by my elbows falling low to the ground. The dress also came with twelve golden bracelets and white heels. I looked different. My style is very much fun and cute or just plain comfortable. But this look made me feel like I was the demigod the council was hyping me up to be.

The quicker I get this done with the quicker I can see my mother.

Let's do this!

I stepped out of my bathroom and saw Alaric still on my bed playing a game on his phone petting Honey.

"I'm ready," I said. Looking up at me Alaric grinned, "Yes you are. But, first..." he jumped off the bed holding up a bracelet of baby's breath.

"Aaaww did you make that?" I said surprised.

Tying the makeshift bracelet around my upper arm he said, "Hell no. The kids wanted to get you something. I'm pretty sure they stole those flowers from The Elders Garden."

"You have children," I said surprised and shocked.

"Probably, but these are the kids I train," He said, "Let's go." Holding his hand tightly I transported us to the outside of the auditorium. But, by the size of it, it was more like a stadium.