Wager of Battle

Chapter 21

Damon

"Good morning," I felt Freya's body pressed against mine. I liked waking up next to her these past days.

I rolled over on my back in and draped my arm around her naked perfect body, "Hey," I said with a lazy smile, "how did you sleep?"

"What sleep?" She said grinning. She kissed me softly then worked her way slower to my chest, "Not that I'm complaining."

Who knew Freya had such a high sex drive? As far as claimed mates goes, I was fucking lucky. After, I read the book she gave me. We weren't in each other's head anymore. Which made dating and getting to know one another easier.

Knock knock

Someone was at my door. I sat up to go to the door.

"Stay in bed," Freya said straddling me. Tempting. She ran her tongue up and down my neck. She pushed me back down.

"Dude! Stop screwing around. We have training." Leo was at the door.

"Coming!" I yelled back.

"No, no, no." Freya complained, "How long does your training last again?"

"Six months," I said begrudgingly. Normally that would be nothing. But now that I have Freya in my life, and bed. My heart wasn't really into training. I started to help Freya with her hand to hand combat. Alaric truly didn't want anything to do with her anymore. Fuck him. She still needed a teacher and I was more than glad to replace him. She wanted to stop focusing on the elements and more on stamina, endurance, strength, and weapon skills.

I don't know why she use to put herself down so much. She was actually really good.

Freya rolled off me and laid back on the bed. I stood up and got dressed, "Come have breakfast with us." I was really proud of her for walking around the Mansion visible to everyone. She stopped caring about other people's opinions overnight. Good.

"Can I train with you today? I think I'm ready." She said.

"You are ready. I have no problem with it, you just have to keep up," I warned.

"No problem then." She got out of my bed and threw on some clothes. Even in a tank top and shorts she was still the most beautiful woman in the world. We walked downstairs to the cafeteria and found Leo, Milo, and Bash.

"Nice of you two lovebirds to join us," Leo said.

"Morning." Bash said going back to whatever work he has. Every time I looked in one of Sebastian's notebooks it looked like something out of a Beautiful Mind.

"Hi" Freya said sitting down.

"Freya, are we going to work on your Earth element? A little more practice and you would be golden. You just can't give-" Milo was interrupted by the sound of an air horn.

Oh gods no. It's too early for this.

"Hey! I got something to say that everyone's going to want to hear so listen up," fucking Alaric. He was standing on a table in front of the cafeteria holding Honey in his arms. "as some of you may have noticed I haven't been around as much as lately. After a long night in the library-"

"Is your announcement you discovering a library?" Someone called out and there was a light chuckle to that remark.

"Hahaha fuck you, Matt. Anyway, I found this book-"

"Let us enjoy our breakfast in peace!" Someone interrupting him.

"Henry, I will throw you out the goddamn window." Alaric threatened, "Continuing! Look I'm going to make a long story, short. I have a right as a Brotherhood member to invoke the Wager of Battle clause. So, I ask all of you to be my witnesses," murmurs broke out. He wasn't serious. Right? I mean I knew Alaric was stupid, but a fight to the death? He's taking his stupidness to a whole new level. No one's used the Wager of Battle since the 18th century. Because most of us can talk out our problems now.