A Zipper, Darkness, and Frozen Feet

Chapter 32

Damon

Knock knock.

"Are you up?" I called outside of Freya's door. After her fight with Hercules she had to spend four days in the hospital. While she was recovering, I moved her stuff back across the hallway into her old room. I'm not going to lie; I would miss sleeping next her. I had a feeling we wouldn't be doing much sleeping if the real Freya was in my bed. At least I wouldn't.

"Ooo come iiiinnnnnn!" Damn it. I opened the door and saw Alaric spread out on Freya's bed, "Fancy meeting you here."

Woof woof woof woof! Honey charged for me jumping on my pant leg. He was so excited I was surprised he didn't pee, "Where's Freya?"

"Trying on outfit number fifty-six," he said bored. I picked up Honey and went to sit in one of her love chairs.

"Did I miss something? We're just hanging out with some kids." I knew what The Elders were trying to do they wanted the kids to be excited about The Brotherhood. And possibly join one day. But all we were going to do was play some games, maybe read a story or two and answer some questions. Besides, it wasn't us they were excited about this year, Freya would be the main attraction. After her fight with Hercules and catching one of Zeus's thunderbolts. The campus was filled with gossip.

I was there. And I still didn't believe what I saw.

Throwing open the bathroom door Freya came bouncing out, "Okay this one," she said spinning around in a circle. She looked amazing. She had on a navy, white polka dotted romper with ties on the sleeves. The neckline was low but still appropriate. She wore Ares seal too; the bronze necklace he gave her, as her only jewelry. Her hair had loose waves that I couldn't help but imagine being spread across my bed.

No. Down boy.

"Oh, my gods, who cares? Their kids. The fact that you exist blows their mind," Alaric complained.

"First impressions are important," she walked over to me and did a little spin, "What do you think?"

"Uumm fine?"

"Really? Because I wasn't sure if it was-"

"For the love of the Gods! We don't know! And no one cares, you should have called Vanessa if you wanted clothing input," Alaric got off the bed stretched out and said, "I'll just meet you there. Even for me this is too much." And with that said Alaric walked out of the door. Honey jumped out of my lap and followed behind him.

"Traitor!" She said yelling to Honey. She went to the door shutting it close. She turned her attention to me, "Just a couple more minutes. I promise." She sat at her vanity and put on some pink lipstick.

I liked the fact Freya didn't wear a lot of makeup.

"You're really going all out for this," I just had on black jeans and a white Under Armor t-shirt. I stood up and went to lean against the vanity wall. Freya looked over to me with a smile.

"You said we're going to be in Cecilia's classroom first," She said putting down the lipstick.

"Yeah, you're going to see everybody today," I said.

"Well I don't want to look like the ugly stepsister by comparison. The kids will be like what the fuck is that?" She laughed.

Freya is without a doubt the most beautiful woman I've ever seen. Every inch of her was perfect. I've seen Cecilia a couple times in the hospital, and she was pretty, but nowhere near Freya, "That would never happen."

"We'll see," she said grinning to herself in the mirror. She stood up, "Can you zip me all the way up?"

She lifted her hair up revealing the zipper in the middle of her back, "Yeah," I said pushing myself off the wall. I stood behind her and found the zipper. I started to move it up when she shivered making me stop.