Eye to Eye

Chapter 38

Freya

Okay. Okay, I can do this. Women have been doing this since the beginning of time. I said staring at myself in my bedroom mirror. I was feeling groggy from the relaxant/paralyzer I gave Alaric. But good enough to do what needs to be done.

Staring at myself in the mirror I concentrated on my breathing. Focus. Picture the apartment. Focus. I closed my eyes and focused on my breathing until that was the only thing I heard.

I open my eyes and I was in Anson's apartment.

"Anson!" I called out. The place was dark, and it didn't look like anyone was home, "Anson! You here?" I clicked on my glow in the dark shoes giving me some light. I was keeping my B&E outfit simple: black shorts and a black tank top with a Miles Morales spiderman logo with a zip up jacket.

Nothing.

I walked further into the loft apartment. I made my way to the factory windows pushing one open, "Whoa."

I was in New York city. Anson had an apartment right next to Central Park. In the far distance, the silhouette of the skyline pierced through the warm glow like a jagged mountain ridge. Millions of lights caused the dense mass of skyscrapers glitter. People were needle points and cars were blood cells flowing through the veins of the city.

I stepped away from the window and walked over to a nearby coffee table cluttered with papers. I should respect Anson's space and not touch anything, but I was already breaking and entering, might as well add blackmail up there too. I picked up the stack of papers and sat on the couch next to a standing keyboard.

Nothing interesting. Bill. Bill. Invitation. Bill. Flyer for a concert. Bill. I tossed the papers back on the table.

I wish Anson would hurry up and get back home. I needed to tranq Anson then Damon. I had a feeling I would really feel the effects after Damon got it. Alaric alone got me drowsy.

So far, out of The Brotherhood Bash was the easiest to take out. I just explained the situation and he willingly took Cecilia's knock out remedy. I stood back up not wanting to get comfortable. If I'm walking, I can't sleep.

Snooping. I was one hundred percent snooping. Anson's place was generic; now that I was really looking at it. But how? Anson has a larger-than-life personality. But, his place screams Martha Stewart lifestyle magazine. Maybe, he doesn't live here?

I walked over to the office area which was a glass top desk with metal legs, a white plush executive chair and a HP laptop. I sat in the chair and opened the laptop. Interesting.

The locked screen was of a woman standing at the foot of a bed in a white dress shirt. The lighting was hitting her perfectly giving her an almost ethereal angel like look. Her hair was long, straight and black, her eyes were dark, and the woman's figure was a perfect hour-glass. There was a shyness in her eyes, and a slight hesitation in the pose. It looked like the picture was taken in this apartment too.

I looked over to the bedroom area. Anson's girlfriend?

I closed the laptop and slowly made my way over to the bedroom area. Nothing about this place felt like it was made for two people.

And didn't... I looked under the bed and found Anson's one-night-stand clothes with new additions. How about I mind my own damn business? I pushed the box back under the bed only to hear something rip. Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit!

I pulled the box back out and reached around the bed to find what I broke. Damn it! This is what I get for being nosy, all I had to do was sit and wait but no.... I stopped mid thought. Isn't this Haven? I looked closer.