Time Travel Or a Memory

Chapter 34

Damon

I jerked awake taking in my surroundings. Containment?

I was in a circular room sunken low in the ground the dome ceiling had blackout windows. The walls and floor were padded white and a light green light tinted the room. I could feel my element being suppressed. Damn. Why would The Elders put us in containment? The green light was brightened, and I felt weaker.

I looked over my shoulder and saw Freya and Alaric still asleep. I stood up and walked over to Freya trying to shake her awake. I held her in my arms, she was warm and sweat covered her face and chest, "Freya. Freya wake up!" Nothing. I gently laid her back and when over to Alaric, "Hey, wake up," I shook him. Nothing.

Freya? Alaric? I called out. Nothing.

A mic clicked on and Elder Dheemand voice echoed through the room, "Remain calm."

"Okay? Elder Dheemand why are we here?" I asked looking up to the viewing area.

Elder Mende came on the speakers, "Damon, do have any idea what you have done? The risk alone could have killed you all."

"What?" The light was turned up brighter. I was so weak, I couldn't stand, I collapsed under my own weight, "What's happened?"

Elder Hakim, "You claimed the girl and Alaric? Of all the foolish things to do. This is without a doubt the stupidest thing to do! If word reaches Ares can you imagine the backlash?"

"I didn't." I said finding it harder to breathe, "We shared a connection. But...but I never. Why would I?" Why would I claim not only Freya but Alaric too?

"Yes, why would you?" Elder Hakim said.

"I didn't." I said unable to sit up. I fell on to my side getting weaker with every pasting second.

"You all will remain in containment until we find a way to fix this mess," Edler Aldo said bitterly. The speakers went dead.

I rolled over trying to get closer to Freya.

Wake up. Freya please...

My body went limp. I was so close.

Freya. I laid motionless on the floor.

Freya

"Where's the back?" I screamed as Alaric and I avoided the falling debris. This place was coming down.

"Keep up!" Alaric shouted. I was moving slow for some reason. It was almost like... I wasn't me.

We burst through the kitchen door. Everything in the back was on the floor shaking: pots, pans, knives. I could even smell gas in the air. As we skirted around the chrome kitchen, a cart slid directly into me throwing me off balance. I landed hard on my side, "Come on, we got to go!" Alaric said coming back to help me. He helped me stand as the stove was ripped from the wall, barreling down on us. We jumped out of the way. I landed on a sharp edge that cut into my leg.

It's flipping! "The place is being flipped upside down!" I shouted.

"Doesn't matter we're almost there." He said pulling me to my feet. Everything was falling on us and I could feel blood oozing out of my leg.

We finally made it to the back-exit. Alaric paused, "WAIT!" It was too late. I was pushing him forward and we fell into a black pit. I screamed notes I didn't even think possible as we fell further and further down. Until we fell into something that felt like a spider's web. It slowed us down before disappearing and I landed on soft grass.