Goodnight

Chapter 47

Freya

"Goodnight." I said standing at my bedroom door with my backpack in hand.

"Night." Damon said quickly disappearing down the hallway to his room.

Weird. One second, I think we're actually having a bonding moment and the next he's running away. I walked into my room and using my fire element flicked on all the candles. I hated to admit it hurt the way Damon just dismissed me. I didn't understand how he could be so caring and concerned one second and running away from me the next.

I shut my bedroom door behind me and stripped off the bathing suit Damon had gotten me and put on my pajamas. Maybe, I should ask him? Or maybe he accomplished his mission of keeping me here, and he was done with me.

I shook that idea off and threw myself on my bed hugging my pillow.

I wonder, what Cecilia will choose to do? The smartest thing to do would be to go with Ares. But I didn't even want to think about that because I was second-best. I lost to Cecilia in a competition I didn't even know was going on. At least I knew if it came down to it, Ares would pick Cecilia. Eventually, it would come out; that we were half-sisters after all. It still didn't make that realization any easier.

Daddy issues much?

I wonder if Ares told Cecilia.

"HEY!" I screamed at Anson's voice sending a gust of wind shooting out of my chest on to him. I shot up looking at him crumbled on the floor. "Jesus Christ! Where did you come from?" I shouted.

"Hera's blessings!" He said struggling to stand up. I jumped off my bed and tried to help him up. Only for him to keep me at arm's length.

"I'm sorry! You just snuck up on me," I said.

"I knocked, yelled, clapped," he said using the wall to steady him, "What? You need me to jump on your bed?"

"No, I'm just sorry. I was caught up in my own thoughts. What's up?"

"My maps?" He said.

I shook my head no, "I'm not going to let your plans get in the way of us fighting Erebus and Nyx."

"Cold, I thought you were a part of The Brotherhood. Isn't it your job to 'Protect the institution' and services the human?" There was bitterness in his voice, almost hate? Why?

"I'm not on anyone's side. I just don't want the world to end, telling the others about your extracurricular activities won't help us. If you want to start a war between The Brotherhood and The Order when we are on the verge of extinction, that's your problem. I just need you to help me fight the darkness." If war came to Haven, I wouldn't fight. I would make sure bystanders wouldn't get hurt. But what they really let it come to that? They would fight each other instead of working together to save everyone? Yes.

"If that's what you're worried about then your secret is safe with me." I walked back over to my bed. I wasn't sleepy but I was tired.

"What's wrong with you?" Anson said getting in bed with me. I pushed him on to the floor. He sat cross-legged at my bedside and I turned to face him.

"Nothing."

"That's some bullshit. Come on lovely; tell Daddy Anson what's on your mind," he said settling in.

"First please don't ever call yourself that," I said.

"Papi?"

"No. And secondly, it's not even important," I said.

"Everything you do is important. Besides, I'm going to be stuck here with the do-gooders, at least being around you makes it bearable. So, spill the tea," he said. "Do you want me to serenade you? I have something special in mind for you." Anson teleported away and seconds later returned with a guitar and started to play.

I was laughing to the point of tears, "I don't know how you made Anaconda somehow beautiful?"

"It's a god given talent. And you just got a private show. What's on your mind, lovely?"

"Cecilia's my sister, I'm sure Ares likes her more than me, I want to go to The Underworld and kill Poseidon, and for one second I thought Damon and I were sharing a moment. Not that dating or boys should be high on my list, but there it is. I'm just keeping things to myself, and I really wish I had my mom here to talk to. And the world is going to end." I blurted everything I kept inside of me out on to Anson. I didn't know how much I was holding back until I started vomiting everything out. If I had any problems, I normally talked to my mom. But since Ares took her away. I was alone.

"Wow, so...wow. Where to start," Anson said. He snapped his fingers and said, "Biggest thing I heard is, you're crushing on Damon? Why him!? He gets the last demigod?!"

"Wow, way to make me feel like an object." I said rolling my eyes.

"I'm just saying, you could have anyone. But you pick the less talented brother? It just makes no sense," Anson complained. I had almost forgotten about Roman. What was he up too? I rolled over not wanting to hear Anson anymore. "Don't be that way, lovely. I'm going to ignore your boy trouble because it doesn't really exist. I bet if you told Damon you were down to fuck, he would be too. As for Ares, most of the God's don't care about their bastard offspring. Why would the God of War be concerned or care about a girl who takes more after her human side?" Anson said.

"She's not me." I didn't know what to say, other than Cecilia was my exact opposite, "She's poise and calm. Agreeable and pretty. She doesn't have to worry about her controlling the elements or becoming a God-Killer. And dear old grandad doesn't want to kill her." Or call her an 'it'.

"Well fuck him. Demigods are supposed to be the Guardians of Olympus. They protect the realms and keep order. What can Cecilia do? If Ares is showing her more favor, it's because she probably needs it more. War may run through her veins, but she doesn't have the skills or the ability to act on it. You can. Again, I'm sure if you said something to him you would get an answer back."

Or maybe, I'll let Olympus die. Hercules was so sure I would, eventually, come around to his idea of me fighting for the Gods. But, what have they done for me? Ares save me twice, but other than that it doesn't seem like he really wants to be around me. Zeus tried to choke me to death and Poseidon tortured me. Why should I stick my neck out for them?

Earth is my home. My mom and grandparents were my family. They've given up so much for me and I was going to beat Erebus and Nyx, so we could go back to the way we were. Without Ares or any of the other Gods.

I rolled over to face him, "And what's sage advice do you have about Poseidon?"

"You're a Demigod, do whatever you want. If killing Poseidon makes you a God-Killer, what can the gods do against you?"

"Kill me?" I said feeling like he was the hedonistic angel on my shoulder.

"How badly do you want your revenge?" Anson said. Enough to try. "Maybe, I missed judged you. Freya, this could be the beginning of a beautiful friendship. Only best buddies kill Gods together." I shot up.

"You would help me?" I said shocked.

"Fuck yes, I'm going to get a front-row seat to see one of the big three taken out. But if we do this, we do it right." I smiled. Planning would be better than just blindly running into danger.

"What do you have in mind?" I asked.

Damon

"Night." I said leaving Freya at her door. I paused as I heard her door close. Maybe, I should stay with her? She was still sleeping with all her candles on.

No, she's fine. Freya's a demigod. She doesn't need me to watch over her. Even though I wanted to.

I kept walking until I reached Bash's door. I'll check on Freya later. But, right now I needed answers.