I Am A Book

Chapter 45

Damon

"Bash! Reach harder!" I grunted as he stood on my shoulders.

"I am! We're just not tall enough. I told you all before-"

"Less bitching, more reaching," Anson said doing absolutely nothing to help. Alaric was still knocked out. I got to give it to Bash I'm proud of him. He's normally the logical one, but as soon as Alaric started to go off on Ares, he immediately jumped into action and took him out.

Bravo.

Woof! Woof. I could hear Honey, but I had no idea where he was at.

I dropped Bash down. We had done everything to try and reach the window unsuccessfully. And since Bash was the lightest one, he was the one we threw, tossed, and tried to balance on our shoulders. Of course, with no luck.

Where was Freya at? I was starting to really worry about her. And what was happening with Cecilia? Why were God's interested in her?

"What the hell happened here?!"Freya!

"You know when you said a castle in Scotland, I was thinking something grandiose," a voice said. I heard honey growl.

"Be nice," Freya commanded only for Honey to start barking even more. Who was that?

"Very low tech," another voice said.

"Callan?" Bash called out.

"Hi," he said popping his head out of the giant hole where the windows used to be along with Freya and someone else. I had no idea who the freckled face kid was.

"Who? What? But..." Freya was tongue tied for words.

"Throw us a rope or something," Leo said yelling up to her.

"I can just open the door," Callan said.

"Please do," Bash said.

"I'm going to ignore what happened to the window and just tell you some good news. I found Aphrodite and Hera," Freya said excited.

"Great, get us the fuck out of here," Anson yelled.

"Oh, I'm sorry I just don't carry around rope and twine like I live on the Little House on the Prairie," Freya shouted back.

"Give me one second. I'll have you guys out," Callan said disappearing from view.

"Who are you? I've never seen you around before," Milo shouted up to the man next to Freya.

"No, you wouldn't," he said blankly.

"Guys this is Lucas, he's a student at Haven and he can control shadows-"

"Yeah, yeah, what's your element?" Anson said rudely.

"I don't have one," he said.

"But he doesn't need one, we are literally going up against darkness and he can control it. That's important and just-"

"So, you're a dud. Can you even fight?" Anson demanded.

"HEY! Why are you being such a dick. Lay off him. Not everyone's been trained since birth to be a soldier," Freya said defending Lucas.

"Everyone here has value." I said speaking up. Lucas may not be my first pick or even my tenth pick. But fate picked him for a reason.

"Who the fuck hit me?!" Alaric said sitting up.

"Oh my God! You guys are still fighting! What the hell?! I left for less than two hours and you all revert back-"

"Whatever. Where is Cecilia?" He shouted.