One Of a Thousand Fates

Chapter 16

Damon

Peacefully, sleep.

For the first time in days, I didn't have a dream about Freya. In fact, I didn't dream at all. I was relieved and yet somehow empty. I was getting used to seeing Freya every night. After we talked, I felt better about our Claiming. When Freya said, "In you hands, I see endless possibilities," that was a huge fucking ego boost. Her confidence in me was inspiring. I wanted to prove her right.

Bang, bang, bang!

"Open up, Freya! Trying to hide from Logan and your room is the last place he would look," what started off as a peaceful morning was now ruined by Alaric's voice. He kept knocking on the door I was sure he was about to break it down.

I threw on some pants and opened my door leaning against the frame I said, "It's kind of early for your bullshit. You want to keep it down?"

Not turning to face me Alaric flipped me off, "Morning sunshine." He kept banging on Freya's door.

"Here's a thought did you ever think maybe she doesn't want to see you everyday? Or maybe she just wants to sleep. Unlike you she didn't cut out early."

"If we're going to save the world, I need my beauty sleep. You should try and get laid while you're at it. How is Vanessa by the way?" Alaric said turning around face me.

Out of all the girls at the Madam's Pleasure House, Vanessa was my favorite. Since the day I met her, Vanessa was sure I would be the one to get her pregnant with a Descendant. That's what all the girls thought. It was their number one job, to keep The Brotherhood satisfied with their needs and hopefully create new Elementals. It wasn't frowned upon to be one of the Madam's ladies. In fact, it was an honor and art that only a select few received.

Since the first time I looked into Freya's sultry grey eyes I haven't thought about Vanessa, let alone any other females. I knew how it felt to be with her from our dreams. It was wild, intense, and there is so much raw passion. I wanted that in real life. I wanted that with her.

Crack

It sounded like something glass broke in Freya's room. She had to know Alaric was out here. No one could sleep though him. I walked past Alaric and gently knocked on the door calling out to Freya.

Nothing.

Woof woof woof

I couldn't feel her, so she had to be asleep.

"I'm done with waiting. I'm coming in," and with that said Alaric kicked down the door, "So what are we watching? I swear to the fucking gods if it's A Walk to Remember again. I'm throwing that DVD out the window," Alaric said walking over to the bookshelf full of movies.

Honey was on Freya's bed nudging her and barking. I walked up to her and my heart dropped, "Call a healer! Alaric now!"

"What? Why, what's ... oh shit," He pulled out his phone and did as I said. Freya was covered in blood and sweat. She was barely breathing, and her skin was so cold. Her eyes were rolled back only showing the white in her eyes. I sat her up trying to stimulate her Elements. Nothing helped, she was like a rag doll in my arms. Something was draining her. How did this happen? She was fine the last time I saw her.

She stopped breathing. I picked her up and laid her on the floor to start CPR.

"Two minutes out," Alaric said kneeling on the opposite side of Freya, "Do we know what happened; Drug overdose? Suicide attempt? Attack? Accident?"

I started doing chest compressions on Freya, "I think it's fair to say that those first three didn't happen," it couldn't be a drug overdose because Freya didn't do drugs. A suicide attempt was out of the question because I would have felt every emotion leading up to that. And lastly no one would dare attack The Brotherhood on our own ground and live to tell about it. This had to be an accident, what was she trying to do?