Riddles and Half Truths

Chapter 14

Damon

Where else would I be?

Freya was mad at me, but most importantly she thought I was embarrassed of her. I'm not, I just need some time to figure out .... us? Hades was trying to send me a message, and he very rarely reached out to any of his Descendants. His letter shouldn't be ignored. I hadn't told anyone about the letter or the ring. I was still trying to process it myself.

I knew I hurt her feelings with my distance. But, how could she and Alaric be friends? Of all the people to pick she wants to hang out with him.

Dose she really have an option when all the other members have blacklisted her. And I wasn't helping by staying away.

"I don't remember being terrified at my Awakening. It was a really good day," Leo said sitting next to me.

"You wouldn't be nervous with thousands of eyes on you. Because that's a nightmare to me," Bash said sitting on my other side.

"We were five and six years old, so any day was a good day," Milo added sitting next to Leo.

"Yeah, but it wasn't mind numbing fear, Bash?" Leo continued.

"I bet it was," Bash admitted.

"Leo, stay out of people's feelings. We don't need to know," I said crossing my arms. Normally, an Awakening takes 10 to 15 minutes. We have been sitting here for over an hour with still no results.

"I would think you would want to know. Seeing as you two are bonded. Trouble in paradise already?" Leo asked.

"No," I said. I'm not going to have this conversation right now.

"Your anger is showing," Leo teased.

"Ssshhhh shut up!" Logan said turning around to face us, "This is a huge deal and you four are acting like it's nothing. Some of us still honor the sanctity of the Awakening." He said turning back around.

Ignoring him, we continued talking. We could easily be here all day. Were we supposed to sit in silence?

"Why didn't you walk Freya down?" Milo questioned.

"She wanted Alaric. Plain and simple." I was tapping my foot now. What the hell is taking so long!

"Damon, has no idea how women work. He started treating Freya like an assignment and not a person. Leading her to say, 'Well, fuck you too'. So, it's fair to say, we won't have a Claiming ceremony anytime soon."

High Elder Cato came back to the podium to address us. We all stood to listen to him, "My brothers we will be taking a break to consort the ancient texts. We will ring the clock tower bell three times when we have made our decision. You are dismissed for now." The room started to disperse. The Elders led Freya to a private back room. Her mother, Ares and Alaric were close behind.

"Well that was anti-climactic. I still have five on Dark anyone want to up their bets?" Leo said fanning himself with a five-dollar bill.

"I still think Light. She's an educated girl so it seems only right she would pick the more study intensive Creed," Bash said.

"If you grew up in the human world, you would have to go to college to, if you wanted to make a living. That doesn't mean anything. Other than she doesn't want to be destitute," Leo argued back.

Why aren't you listening to me! We are all going to die!

That was new from Freya.

Listen to what?