Hello

Chapter 15

Freya

Done! I talked to everyone. I had no idea after the ceremony there would basically be a meet and greet. One person asked for a picture then another and another one.

So here I am at three in the morning. My mom left shortly after the ceremony and Alaric left around midnight. I looked out to the now empty auditorium to see one person still here.

Damon.

I walked over to him and saw he was asleep in his chair. He looked so peaceful with his hair flopped in his face.

I gently shook him, "Wake up. Everyone is gone."

Damon opened his eyes in confusion, "Shit, I fell asleep. How did everything go?"

"Good, because it's over. All I want is sleep," Damon took my hand and teleported us back to the mansion. We stood in the hallway in between our rooms.

I turned to go to my room, "Freya, I wanted to say... sorry," my head whipped around to face Damon, "I haven't been...completely honest with you. I'm not ashamed or embarrassed by you. I don't care that you're a woman, unlike my other Brothers I know you are going to do great things. It would be an honor, to have you join The Brotherhood. And when the time comes for you to choose, I hope you do stay." I wasn't expecting that. Damon was serious I could feel it through our connection. He really did feel that way.

"Then why did you freeze me out?" I still wanted to know why.

"Can I show you something?" he said unsure and uneasy.

"Yes," I said without hesitation. He led me into his room and softly shut the door behind us. Damon's room was one of the biggest I've seen at the mansion with an entertainment center in the corner with a PlayStation, a huge 70-inch TV complete with standing speakers and plush black couch. The room was decorated with dark colors: black, brown, grey and steel. And gave off a modern, but contemporary feel.

Damon went to his bed side drawer and pulled out a gold box, "After, the Harpy's attack I found this in my room," he handed me the small box to open. I did and saw Roman's ring.

"The Underworld ring?" I said making sure this was the exact ring Roman showed me.

"How did you know that there are--"

I cut Damon off, "Only two in existence? Given to the strongest of Hades Descendants. Forged in The Underworld and cooled in the river Styx. Roman has the other one, he showed me when he had me under his mind control."

"Of fucking course he still has it. He always wanted one," Damon admitted sitting on his bed, I sat next to him.

"Am I sensing bad blood?" I asked.

A dark laugh escaped Damon's mouth, "On every level. Roman is my brother."

Wow. I didn't see that coming.

"But, he's on the other side? He does work for The Order?" I made sure.

"Yes, but he wasn't always. He was trained here, at Haven; he was one of The Brotherhood's best fighters," Damon was struggling to tell the story. I could feel his pain, his bitterness, his hate.

I changed the topic knowing full well Damon didn't want to share this with me, "But, you're the best now."

Smiling, he said, "You haven't even met everyone yet, to know if that's true."

"I don't need to. I saw you fight on the bridge. And in the woods. You took on that thing that bit me when I was blacking out. You were ready to fight a giant knowing you couldn't win, but tried your hardest to," I said.