Get Up/We Need to Go

Chapter 41

Damon

"Hello boys!" Freya's voice echoed throughout the containment jail.

"Piss off!" Anson yelled.

"That's not very nice," that definitely wasn't Freya or Cecilia. Who else did they invite here?

"And who are you?" Alaric asked.

"That's what I was going to tell you guys. Meet our newest member filling in for Zeus.... Hercules! Huzzah!!" Freya said enthusiastically.

"Bullshit, The Order would know if The Brotherhood was in contact with the Gods," Anson said.

"I call dibs on whatever he gives you," Leo shouted up.

"I wouldn't say I'm joining you. But I enjoy Freya's company so..." anger boiled up inside of me. I knew exactly what kind of company he was looking for. And he can piss off he thinks he can find it with Freya. Everything in me screamed. She's mine! Which is way too strong. I barely know Freya.

"Really guys what's it going to take to make you all see how serious this is?" Freya said.

"Proof. More than an untrained and inexperienced demigod's word," Anson said with clammy, pale white skin. The microphone clicked off.

"I believe her," Bash stated.

"Me too," Milo added, "I just don't trust him," he pointed to Anson.

"Like I can trust you. This is bullshit" Anson was off on a tangent

I looked around the room until my eyes landed on Alaric. He was staring up at the blacked-out windows, "Can you see up there?"

Alaric's head jerked in my direction, "What does it matter to you?" I rolled my eyes. I don't even know why I bother with Alaric.

Freya! Let us out! I said trying to call out to her. All I got was silence.

The room began to shake violently moving the floor up. A black hole appeared in the center of the room swallowing everyone up. Every muscle in my body had knotted up. The darkness reached out for me, its hands wrapped around my body, pulling me down. The darkness was as black as night with shadows on deep waters. I know everyone fell with me, but I couldn't see anyone all I could do was fall further and deeper into the abyss.

I fell on my back crashing through glass. But nothing cut me. I landed with a hard thud on my back looking up at a desolate sky. I sat up confused in a field. All the once green lands of the Earth were no more than ash and charcoal. The air was heavy with the smell of burnt flesh and smoke hung in a haze that partially obscured the blood-red sun, "Hey! Leo! Milo! Bash!" I called out.

"Where is everyone?" I said to myself looking around. I tried to light my hand on fire only to find out I still didn't have my abilities. Damn.

I heard bombs going off in the distance. I ran towards the sound. Only to find that I was on a hillside somewhere. Looking down at a city on fire. I could hear agonizing screams for help. I made my way into the city but all I could find was dusty streets with only the wind for company. There were cracked sidewalks, empty gun shells, and broken store fronts laid waste by desperate looters. Once in a while, there was the occasional harried person, moving quickly with tense purpose.

An instant later, there was a blinding flash, like sheet-lightning, and a huge ball of varicolored fire belched upward, leaving a series of smoke-rings to float more slowly after it. That fireball flattened, then spread to form the mushroom-head of a column of incandescent gas that mounted to overtake it, engorging the smoke-rings as it rose, twisting, writhing, changing shape, turning to dark smoke in one moment and belching flame and crackling with lightning the next.