The Thirst Was Real

Chapter 36

Freya

A few days had passed, and we started to fall into a routine.

Wake up, eat breakfast, then Milo, Leo, Alaric, and Damon would train while Bash and I researched every single Brotherhood member, hoping we would find our missing dream team member. We also looked into breaking claim bonds that didn't result in someone's death. We were having no luck on either end. We'd break for lunch followed by everyone trying to help, which just turned into Bash and I working and everyone else watching. Then dinner and bed. I still didn't sleep much, so I spent most nights looking through the book Athena had given me trying to see if I could find any clues that would help in our search.

I still needed a trainer too. In all my searching all the hero trainers had died over seven thousand years ago. So, I'm a little late to the game. It didn't matter anyway, I was still weak from the containment room. My elements barely worked for some reason. Alaric and Damon were getting stronger, but I was still staying weak.

Why? I had no idea.

I threw myself back on my bed getting frustrated with everything life was throwing at me. I looked over to Honey who was fast asleep in his bed. God, I wish I could just turn off my brain and sleep. I wasn't doing myself any favors by still keeping on all the lights. This castle had no electric, so I was stuck using candles. But I was still nervous in the dark.

A hot shower would do me some wonders. I stood up and got my shower basket. I open my door and left it open a crack just so Honey wouldn't go crazy, if he woke up and saw I wasn't here.

I walked down the castle hallway full of memorabilia throughout the years: suits of armor, painted portraits and vases that were older than time itself all lined the hallway with red fabrics with elaborate golden designs and draped with tapestries and dark cloths, making the whole place look regal. But completely dark because there was no electricity outside of the kitchen. The only way I was able to navigate the dark hallways was because of the wall of windows showing a storm getting worse outside. A boom rolled across the valley, announcing the start of what the brooding cloud layer had promised since dawn.

I turned a corner and made my way into the bathroom.

The bathroom had an earthy feel. The room was huge with walls made from large format tiles of white honed travertine and the floor was made of white tiles. The vanities were of a dark wood and the counters were a brilliant white quartz. Water leaked from the base of the faucet when it was in use. But it was scrupulously clean. The towels were fragrant, fluffy, and carefully folded on a nearby glass cabinet in the corner next to a wicker laundry basket. There were twelve showers and six-bathroom stalls.

I slowly started to light some candles that had been spread around the bathroom. Since, I wasn't at a hundred percent strength, it took me about ten minutes to light the bathroom halfway decent enough to see. I stripped off my tank top and shorts then jumped into the shower.

Thank God for gas water heaters.

I showered letting the hot water relax my muscles. The water poured down my body, it dripped down my sides, as my mind faded into dullness. I let the water beat over my head in steamy rivulets. I closed my eyes letting the water's heat soaks into my skin.

I couldn't help but think back to the kiss Damon and I almost had. I wanted it. So, why haven't I acted on it? Because, I'm not going to help him cheat on Vanessa. She has to be worried out of her mind about him. It's not like we could call home easily, we barely had any internet connection let alone any signals for a phone call.