Chapter 5

Well we would love to have you guys over for dinner Sunday night because that's when we have Sunday dinner my mom said as she walked them out me right on side of her on my phone. We would love to Valeria said while looking at Lucas who hands was in his pocket. And thanks for the cake she said waving. Pshhh I blew my breath as I plopped down on the couch and blew my breath. What's wrong with you my mom said looking me up and down. Why something gotta be wrong I'm just tired I said grabbing a pillow. Oh well aren't they nice my mom said sitting next to me as I put my feet on her while she played with my hair. Yeah... yeah they're cool I said day dreaming.
———————————————————————
It was Sunday night my whole family was over all my brothers, my sisters n laws and my nieces and nephews. My dad and his wife and daughter was here. Sunday family dinner is something we do every Sunday to get together even though my mom and dad are separated it's nice to get everyone together. I was upstairs getting ready while listening to Chris brown tempo. (Outfit below)

I looked cute so I took a few pictures and posted them on the gram and snapchat😝

I looked cute so I took a few pictures and posted them on the gram and snapchat😝. I walked downstairs to see my mom setting the table.

Mom: well don't you look all cute
Kamri: *spins around* you see me huh
Mom: you get it from me girl
Both: laughs
Austin: where you going with that on?
Kamri: I'm 18 I'm grown.
Landon:barely
Kamri:*rolls eyes*
Catherine: leave her alone *hugs Kamri*
Mom: you guys can start sitting kids at the kids table *she yelled*

I opened the door for my dad my stepmom and stepsister. Hey y'all I said as I gave them a hug you guys can go to the dining room I said as I fixed the pillows on the couch.

It was now 7:30 we were just waiting for my mom to take the Mac and cheese out. So we can pray and eat. Food smelled so good. My mom had just sat the Mac and cheese down when the door bell rung. I'll get it I said getting out my seat.

I opened the door and lands the scent hit me so hard I was in a daze admiring it. It was Valeria an Lucas. She was dressed in a flowy beach dress and he was dressed in a long sleeve black button up, black bottoms and black loafers with gold accents. Not to mention gold jewelry.

These are for your hose he said as he handed me some sunflowers. Aww thanks I said as I gestured for them to come in. I walked in front of them and I could feel him staring at my ass. You have a lovely home his mom spoke. Thank you I said. You look nice today he said scratching his head. You look nice too are you nervous I asked turning around. Nah why I gotta be nervous he said smirking. Hm just curious is said walking into the dining room. Oh their here my mom spoke putting the serving spoons down. I thought y'all wasn't going to show. My mom introduced them to everyone and Lucas and my brother immediately hit it off. He took his seat on side of me and she took hers onside of him. This food looks amazing girl she said to my mom admiring the food. I try girl my mom said chuckling. I rolled my eyes yeah with the help of me I said pointing to myself as everyone laughed. My mom had the table set with the food so everyone could serve themselves and at the kids table their food was already fixed all we had to do was pray. Everyone grab hands I said, they did as told and I prayed upon the food.

"Lord thank you for gathering us altogether once again, thank you for giving us the opportunity to have this meal and come together as one and thank you for all you have given and done for us god is good god is great let us thank him for our food as we now our hand and pray upon thank you lord for this food. Amen." I prayed. Next thing I know steaks were being stabbed.

For the rest of the night we just talked about random things like movies that's coming out or what I'm doing in school or what my brothers are doing

For the rest of the night we just talked about random things like movies that's coming out or what I'm doing in school or what my brothers are doing. We also talked about why Lucas and his mom had moved next door. My mom and his mom had really hit it off. Night had come and it was now 9:38. Lucas and his mom were getting ready to leave so I walked them out. Tonight was really nice getting to know your family he said stopping in the door way. Yeah it was cool we have some things in common I said handing them their to go plates. Well I guess I'lol see you around. We should exchange numbers. He said taking his phone out. Um yeah that's cool I said moving my hair behind my ear. I smiled while putting my number in his phone as he did the same. Well I'll see you around I said turning around heading in the house as I felt his stare upon me. I turned around "goodnight Lucas" goodnight Kamri