3

Lucas | Hotel

It was quiet between Amber and I as we went into the room and that's fine 'cause I didn't really feel like explaining what happened.

Amber went into the bathroom and I laid on the bed. I put my arm over my eyes, wanting to just go to sleep.

When I saw Kalani today, I couldn't even tell how I felt 'cause truth is, I didn't even know how I felt. It felt like every emotion hit me at once and I couldn't pin point one out.

But what I do know is that she is still heavy handed cause my cheeks still hurt.

I heard the door open and the bed dip slightly which let me know that Amber is in the bed.

Amber: You wanna talk about it?

I turned my head and looked over at her.

Me: Nah, not really.

Amber: But I want to.

I sighed and sat up.

So much for not talking about it.

Me: What chu' wanna know?

Amber: Who was she firstly.

I looked at her pretty makeup free face.

Me: My ex girlfriend.

She nodded her head.

Amber: Why did she smack you?

I groaned and threw my head back.

Me: I broke a promise.

Amber: That's it? That's so small. She's lucky I didn't fight her.

Me: You don't get it, Amber. Kalani takes promises very seriously. Well, she used to, and I knew that and yet I still broke it.

Amber: What was the promise?

Me: We promised each other. She promised me to wait for me and I promised her to never forget about us or her. She stuck to her promise but I didn't to mine.

Amber: That's sad but she's not your girlfriend anymore. You shouldn't worry about that. It's in the past.

Me: That aint how it works for the first girl you actually loved.

Amber: She was your first love?

Me: Yea'. There's not a thing I wouldn't do fa' her.

Amber: To this day? If she called you up right now and asked you for something, would you go to her?

I knew my answer was about to hurt her feelings, but I can't lie to her. I don't.

Me: Honestly, yea', I would.

She nodded and looked down at her thighs.

Amber: What broke you up?

Me: I moved to the ATL to pursue my career.

Amber: Last question; If you never would've moved, would you two still be together until this day?

Me: Probably yea'. We neva argued. I mean yea' we had our small ones 'bout who was cooking what but no big arguments.

She nodded and got up and slipped her feet into her flip flops.

Me: Where you goin'?

Amber: I just found out that my boyfriend still loves his ex and they would still be together if he didn't move to another state. I need time to register that so I'm going for a walk. I'll be back sooner or later.

She grabbed her jacket and headed out the door.

Kalani | Home

I'm working today and honestly, I'm glad that I am because then my brain will be off of the Lucas shit from yesterday.

I can't believe he's here though, really. I was beginning to have in my mind that we'd never see each other ever again.

I slipped my feet into my black work shoes and grabbed my things before heading to the door. As soon as I opened it, there was Trinity looking for her key.

Me: Hey.

Trinity: Oh Lani, hey.

Me: I was actually on my way to work.

Trinity: Oh, okay then. I'll walk down with you.

Me: Okay.

Trinity: So why didn't you ever tell me that your Lucas is Lucas Coly.

Trinity only knew the small things about Lucas; he left to pursue his dreams, I was heartbroken when he left, and he was my first real boyfriend.

Me: Yeah, I didn't think it was important. Sorry I guess.

Trinity: Girl you aint sorry. Your never sorry.

I laughed.

Me: Shut up, I am too.

Trinity: Yeah okay. What time is your break?

Me: Um four-thirty.

Trinity: Okay. I'll be there to eat with you.

Me: You're not going to hang with Bali?

Trinity: Oh yeah, I'm bringing her.

Me: What about her friends?

Trinity: I don't know. I'll find that out.

Me: Okay, I will see you then.

We got into our separate cars and went our separate ways.

- - -

Chapter 3

Short yeah, I know but I promise, these chapters will get longer with what I'm planning to write.