15

Kalani | Work

Yesterday, everyone began to go leave around five to six

Yesterday, everyone began to go leave around five to six. My parents and I left at five-fifty and Lucas at six (said ma). When we got home, everyone was so full we fell asleep in the living room watching movies, and that says something because my mother never falls asleep if she's not in a bed.

Today after work, I'm going with my mom, dad and Lucas to God knows where.

I was planning on telling Lucas that I couldn't continue to do this today, when we dropped him back off with his girlfriend. For some reason, the fact that he had a whole girlfriend continues to slip my mind. Maybe because I'm used to me being his girlfriend and not Amber.

It was currently 1:45 and I had fifteen minutes until I was off. We currently had no customers so I was cleaning off the counters while speaking to one of my co-workers, Elisha.

Me: Beyoncé is not better than Nicki Minaj.

Elisha: Yes, she is.

Me: Girl, how! Beyoncé can't rap.

Elisha: Lie again. You heard her in Top Off, right? She came for everybody's necks!

I rolled my eyes.

Me: Nicki is the queen of rap.

Elisha: Na, Cardi B is!

I laughed as she stuck her tongue out like Cardi B.

Me: Girl, shut up.

Elisha: Hey, I'm just saying.

I went to go and put the cleaning supplies away while she stayed upfront. I heard her gasp.

Me: You okay?

I didn't get no response so I went out to see what was wrong with her and sighed when I saw Lucas standing in front of the counter.

Me: What are you doing here.

Elisha: Oh, maybe he wants-

Me: He don't want anything.