9

Two Days Later

Kalani | 11:02 am

I had class at one but I was thinking about seeing Lucas's grandparents

Yes, I know, " What the hell am I thinking!" well I would like to tell you that I have no fucking idea. But what I do know is that I miss ma and pa. I know that they are getting old and who knows if I'll ever see them again.

I picked up my phone from the dresser and shot Lucas a text.

Me : Hey, I was thinking about going to see ma and pa today, if that's okay ?

I sat my phone down and headed into my closet to figure out what to wear today. I heard my ringer going off which caused me to go and get it.

Lucas : Ya goin today?

Me : Yeah. Before class, if they are home.

Lucas : Oh aigh'. The addy is 28514 Silverking Trl & tha # is 392-857-8372. I can see where they at now and let ya kno.

Me: Yeah, that works.

I saved the address and number in my phone and pulled out some clothes for the day. I laid it on the bed and got into the shower.

I came out of the bathroom with my hair flat ironed and grabbed my phone checking for a message from Lucas.

Lucas: Yea they home til 4:30.

Me : Kay good. I'm finna head out now.

Lucas : Bet.

I slipped my phone into my back pocket and slipped on my vans. I grabbed my dance bag and keys before heading out to my car. I sat the bag in the passenger seat before entering their address into the GPS. It's gonna be a forty-five-minute drive on the highway.

Their neighborhood was very pretty and rich. It looked like one of those neighborhoods you would see in a movie or something. I parked on the street in front of the house and cut the engine while looking at the house. I took in a huge breath before getting out of the car and heading up their sidewalk that led to the steps of their home. I rang the doorbell before standing back a bit and waiting for them to open the door.