16

Kalani | Beach

The picnic was currently set up and we were all sitting on the blanket, my parents on one side of and Lucas and I on the other.

Me: I feel like a huge kid.

He took a bit of his sub from Subway.

Lucas: Why?

Me: I'm on a picnic with my parents and ex boyfriend.

Dad: You don't like the picnic?

Me: I do. I just feel like a huge kid. I don't know, it's weird.

Nobody said anything else as we ate our subs.

Me: Lucas?

Lucas: Wassup?

Me: Race you to the water?

He chuckled.

Lucas: Na, Ian a kid.

Me: Suit your self.

I put my sub down and quickly took out the braids that was in the top of my head and got up.

Me: I'll be in the ocean.

I took off running and stopped at the edge of the water, as soon as I got ready to put my foot in to see how cold it was, I was picked up and by the tattoo I saw, it was of course, Lucas.

Me: Put me down!

He chuckled.

Lucas: Na, you good shorty.

He walked in further down and stopped when the water was at his waist, I started to scream as I knew what he was about to do but he quickly tossed me in. I gasped for air as I came back up, slinging my wet hair from my face. 

Me: You are such a-

I was cut off as I got pushed underwater. Once I came back up, I quickly wiped the water from my face and eyes to see Lucas laughing like this shit was funny.

Me: Glad it's funny.

He got ready to speak but I tackled him into the water.

Me: How does it feel, fool?

I let him come back up and grinned at him as he looked at me. I slowly began to swim backwards as he came towards me. He grabbed me and held in place as he came towards my face. 

Lucas: Heads up.

Before I even knew what was happened, I was underwater...again

When I came back up I knew my face was red from anger and trying to get some air.

Me: Lucas! I will murder you!

Lucas: You gone have ta catch me first babygirl!

His voice sounded kind of far away so I knew he swam away. Once I could see again, I saw he was on the shore looking at me. 

Me: Your an ass!

Lucas: You love me!

I swam to the shore and walked up to him.

Me: Whatevs.

We headed back to where my mom sat with her camera and my father.

Mom: You two are so cute.

Me: Still not happening.

I grabbed a towel from the middle of the blanket and began to dry my hair the best I could, I then wrapped myself in it.